stretched stoma

CHYNADOLL
on 9/16/06 8:33 am
a few weeks ago i noticed that i had picked up weight around the middle and that i seemed to be able to eat alot more than usual thaqt when i started my research and came across the revisions and that there was a possiblity that i had stretched my stoma so before i go through the revison thing can u tell me is it a possibility that stoma can strink back or get smaller if u decrease the amount of food intake pls help me Im desperate
mikkozoe
on 9/16/06 8:52 am - Conyers, GA
well my stoma is enlarged and from what i have noticed ,...NO it will not shrink ...you have to have some type of procuder done to make it smaller ...Some have surgery some have been getting the lapband put around it ....Butyou have to have something done to fix it ...I am in the process of trying to find a doc to help me actually .... Godo luck  Laura
Donna R.
on 9/20/06 12:51 pm - West Chester, Pa
Hi Laura, How do you know when your stoma is stretched, large etc??I to am eating way to much. Hap rny May 2002 lost 110 gained backed 10 just this past 2 months so I dont want this to get worse. Going for upper GI series tommoraw thats the first step and see whats going on. What tests did you have. I to am looking for a Dr. This is our bodies, I have been upset everyday that I can eat a lot.                                                              Thanks Donna
donna r
antionettelewis525
on 5/8/18 10:43 am - Creedmoor, NC

I feel ya i have gained 40.Surgery in 2002.I believe I have stretch my stoma because I can eat just as much as before.

antionettelewis525
on 5/8/18 10:46 am - Creedmoor, NC

I feel ya i have gained 40.Surgery in 2002.I believe I have stretch my stoma because I can eat just as much as before.

antionettelewis525
on 6/14/18 8:54 am - Creedmoor, NC

Hi i had mine in 2002 also.Kept weight off for years and then the last three years I have been piling the weight back on.Getting a scope done in a week. Kinda scared of the scope but I feel something is wrong because I am eating way too much food.

arianna
on 9/25/06 9:31 pm - TN
there are thousands of surgeons who do lap band and also many who do lap band in Georgia you just have to do your home work some who have had rny go on to have a lap band done for simple restriction.. but  if you dont help yourself and    try to  stick to the rules  it wont work either good luck to you  I am having lap band hopefully in 2 weeks  this is my  first and only weight loss operation if this does not work i guess i am on my own good luck on your finding a good Dr
Paula Prichard
on 9/23/06 11:29 am - Kingman, AZ
One the stoma is "stretched' or ripped, there is no going back. You can have sclerotheraphy (injections into the stoma to scar it down), or you can have surgery to make it smaller....neither one is permanent and they are short lived. The only "permanent" solution doctors have now is to put a Lap Band on the pouch to act as the stoma. It is supposed to be very effective. I had my consult on Friday to get a band over my pouch and now I"m doing the insurance waiting game thing.  This issues was confirmed by an Upper GI series. I gained 32 pounds in a littler over a year...starving all the time. I had my rny in 2002

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Donna R.
on 9/23/06 3:18 pm - West Chester, Pa
If you have an operation on the stoma andhave it repaired it should last and do things right-this is what I am hearing.I am going for an endocosopy this week to see if the stoma is stretched I am sure it is I am eating all the time in large volume. I would condiser the lapban to. Had lap rny in May 2002 lost 110 gained backed 10 need to loose 50 more but cant do it until a Dr. helps me.                           Donna
donna r
Paula Prichard
on 9/25/06 2:17 am - Kingman, AZ
Well I can't tell you medically why the sclerotherapy or the surgical fixing of the stoma doesn't work permanently, I just know it doesn't. The post below this one verifies it...might be worth a look. :-)

Open RNY 1/24/02               First Post-op Baby: Roman Michael 3/29/06                                    
TT w/ Hernia Repair 7/03     Second Post-op Baby: Aurora Marie 1/15/08
LapBand on Pouch 11/06     Breast Reduction/Thigh Lipo/Brachioplasty 6/08
Most Active
Recent Topics