Stomaphyx in Phoenix and needing info

JRinAZ
on 7/24/07 3:46 am - Layton, UT

Would love to hear from all who have had the Stomaphy.....  Special diet?  Price?  Amount you needed to lose?  .... I'm so excited to finally have something simple as a revision option!  I was not looking forward to another open to take out more of my intestine! Joyce in az who will be one of Dr. Schlesinger's First "fixes'!!!!  Yay!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

mariposah
on 7/25/07 12:24 am
I am currently looking into the StomaphyX also.  There is a doctor in Irvine, CA (I'm in San Diego, CA) which is only like 1 hour away.  I DONT HAVE TO TRAVEL!  I have HMO insurance and that surgeon is an in network.  I have not gone yet.  So I don't know the price.  I am very excited too!
faybay
on 7/28/07 12:47 am - West Palm Beach, FL
The insurance companies are not covering this.
mariposah
on 7/28/07 5:59 am
Some insurance companies are covering it
Stefanie Bailey RN
BSN RNFA ...

on 7/25/07 8:30 am - Bandera, TX
There is a surgeon in College Station TX that is going to be doing them.  He is a bariatric surgeon and also does bypass and Lapbands.  What an exciting option for those that so desperately need and want to be successful.  PM me and I will be glad to get you his onformation. 
charlynurse1
on 12/29/13 6:54 pm

His name is Dr. Mason and he's a physician at St. Joseph Regional Health Center in Bryan.  He performs Gastric Bypass and lap band surgeries.  He now lists Stomaphyx as a surgery revision for GBPS as well.

jonathan R.
on 7/27/07 12:36 am - east meadow, ny
I had the surgery by Dr. Shawn Garber in NY about a week ago and lost 9 pounds already and feel like soon after the gastric bypass when I needed to remind myself to eat.  I am on a full liquid diet for a couple of weeks.  My surgeon charges $8800 for the entire procedure.
Sunshinez
on 12/27/20 10:51 am
RNY on 03/15/10 with

Hi!! This post is pretty old. I had gastric bypass in 2010 and looking into revision. How did it go for you?

JRinAZ
on 7/27/07 1:25 am - Layton, UT
Wow!  Congrats on your loss!  I sooooooooo want to be a LOSER again too!!!!  ....  I found out that Dr. Eric Schlesinger  (Phoenix) will be charging in that same ballpark.  He's running a "New Procedure Special"  with great pricing.  ....  I'm on the list!  Woooooo Hoooooo! Joyce in az
Most Active
Recent Topics