Band to sleeve revisions - how long until back to work?

losing_the_band
on 7/22/11 1:54 am
Revision on 08/27/15
If you had a band to sleeve revision, how long of a recuperation time did you take before going back to work?

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Zee Starrlite
on 7/22/11 4:35 am, edited 7/22/11 4:36 am
I took a week off and was good enough :).  The least amount of time I heard  is 4 days and there are many who take of many weeks.  I took off a week and prayed I would be well enough and I thankfully was.

What you should do now is make yourself as healthy as possible with food and supplements.  I tend to run low iron so during the couple of months before, I loaded up (not overdosed ) to get my numbers up.  I took lots of supplements.  The final week I ate fine steak every day.  I was exercising daily.  Anything can happen but is best to give yourself the best possible chance of a successful surgery and recovery.

I want to add that I had concerns that I wouldn't be able to drink so I drank like a lunati****il I wasn't supposed to at midnight the night before surgery.  Did this help?  In my mind  I was drenched inside and stocked with all the nutrition, vitamins and minerals that I would need to recover safely.

All the Best to you.
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Brittany E.
on 7/23/11 12:31 pm - Norman, OK
I took a full week off and then started working half days. I'm just under 2 weeks post-op from my revision and am still super tired by noon so maybe 2 weeks would be ok.
HW: 325-SW weight: 305     
(deactivated member)
on 7/25/11 8:21 am - ewing, NJ
 HEY REVISERS!!!! DID YOU GET UR BAND OUT AND THE REVISION AT THE SAME TIME???!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics