Frustrated by my old surgeon's office

losing_the_band
on 7/22/11 10:59 am
Revision on 08/27/15
My new surgeon's office sent me an email on Tuesday that they would need my old surgeon's records for my appointment on Monday. I'm now living two time zones away from my old surgeon's office, so I couldn't call them about it until first thing Wednesday morning. I call, the lady says that she'll pass on the request and that they might need a faxed release form. I give them my fax number and my new surgeon's fax number, and all is well (or so I think). I check my faxes throughout the day, nothing, so I call around 4:30 that afternoon. The person responsible for faxing them says she'd gotten the message and would do it first thing in the morning. I assume (yes, I know) that she'll do it, and on Thursday and today assume (again!) that since I hadn't received a fax, that they didn't need one, and forgot about it.

I get a call this afternoon from the new surgeon's office confirming my appointment and reminding me to bring my records with me. I'm thinking, "That's odd, they should have those by now." I call old surgeon's office, the woman who faxes stuff has gone home already (remember, two time zone difference). I call up new surgeon's office this afternoon, and nope, they've not received them. So now, I get to harass old surgeon's office staff on Monday and hopefully get them to rush-fax my records. They should have plenty of time, considering my appointment isn't until 5pm their time, but then again, they've had 3 days to do it and didn't get it done.

I'm just frustrated with everything. If you tell me you're going to do something, DO IT.

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

Band to DS
on 7/23/11 12:55 am, edited 2/3/12 10:08 pm
Unfortunately, I had to delete this post due to privacy concerns.

Got a lap band in 2008. Tried hard, but didn't lose much weight & developed swallowing problems. Fought my insurance company for almost a year & finally had a band to DS revision on 5/11/12. Have now lost 125 pounds. Yay!

Duck_Girl
on 7/23/11 1:52 am
Yes, thats very frustrating. My old Surgeons office said  the same thing but they gave me and my new surgeon the run around...

21 days later and 3 faxes they finally sent it all! They would just fax the post op notes, then the operating room notes, then finally the post op notes and visits.. it was a mess.

I wish you better luck :) 

Hislady
on 7/23/11 5:58 am - Vancouver, WA
When I've had records transfered in the past I just signed a release at the new docs office and they handled getting the records from the old doc. Maybe you could ask them to try since you are having problems, maybe they can get further. Good luck anyway!
Most Active
Recent Topics