Lap Band to RNYers I need your help

Rhonda A.
on 10/7/11 11:46 am - North Providence, RI
 I had my revision on 8.30.11 and I think I might be having head issues. By this I mean that when I had my band I used to get food stuck and I would regurgitate it out. It wasnt like vomiting but I could almost regurgitate on command to get the relief from the pain. Well I think I am 'thinking' the same thing is happening with my new pouch. i find myself getting scared if I feel full that the food is stuck and before you know it I have a cup in hand to regurgitate a mouthful of food. Did anyone else go through this and please tell me how you broke the habit. I have been doing this for 4 yrs and it definitely impacting my protein consumption. Thanks all

Caryn W.
on 10/7/11 12:02 pm - Las Vegas, NV

Are you measuring out your portions? I had my surgery on Sept. 7th. I have not puked on ANYTHING...and I had the band for 7 years...prior. I completely understand about the puking on command.   If you are having pain from eating with the RNY...i would think you are eating TO MUCH.  I have not had any pain with eating ANYTHING...
I eat with a shrimp fork to know my bite size...and i measure everything only 4 ounces...if do not get enough protein in my meal, i drink a shake later in the evenings.

Please measure your food...by a scale...and cut back on what you are eating...

Rhonda A.
on 10/7/11 2:03 pm - North Providence, RI
I am measuring out portions. I'm just wondering if anyone had any bad habits from the band that carried over to RNY . I haven't had pain just feeling like there's too much in there. I'm only having about 2 oz and sometimes can't even get all in. I think it's in my head

FLJeepGirl
on 10/8/11 11:26 am
I had revision on August 1st and when I first progressed to soft foods I had issues with my portion control.  It took me a while to get used to my new portions and wanting to eat more...every now and then I have to remind myself to stop and not eat anymore just because I "used to".  I honestly went out and bought condiment cups and put everything I ate in there (holds 2-3 oz) of food...it works...I feel like an idiot when doing it, but it stops me...

Now I have had issues the last few weeks with food coming back on me after I'd eat....some meals and some days I'd be fine and others I wouldn't.  I couldn't figure it out.  I went to see my surgeon this past week...and figured out what it was.  I was on nexium due to gerd prior to my revision (band complications) and for a month post-op.  I ran out of my meds and didn't get my prescription refilled ($ issues) - BIG mistake!   He gave me some samples to get me through unitl payday and since Wednesday (when I started taking it again), I've had absolutely no problems!  It has been nice - no heartburn and my food has stayed down :-)

Leslie
Rhonda A.
on 10/9/11 2:30 pm - North Providence, RI
Maybe that's what it is. I've been measuring but weighing the food our. I'm gonna get the cups and try that and see. I'm just scared now bc I KNOW I'm not getting in enough protein and I don't want to end up sick..

Annette O.
on 10/10/11 4:50 am - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I reguritated my food almost daily for the last 3 years of my lapband. I know exactly what you mean about it not being like vomiting. I had one person use the analogy that it was
like a baby spitting up. There was no wretching involved, just "blap" up it comes. My only
advice I guess would to be to try to reisist the urge, I know easier said then done.
  Enough of that, anyway I was revised to RNY on 9/19 and have yet to have an urge to regurgitate. At this stage I'm still on soft food, so who knows what will happen when I'm
on solids, but it just doesn't feel the same. 
  I'm still parnoid about pills. I had a such a hard time with pills with my lapband, I'd throw them up constantly. So far so good even with extra strength tylenol caplets. (with the band I couldn't
take capusles or caplets only round pills) go figure.
  I
Annette O
Rhonda A.
on 10/10/11 2:12 pm - North Providence, RI
I'm so very glad I'm goin to see the psych tomorrow. I definitely think that I am convincing myself food is stuck. Then once I get up a mouthful I feel fine. This is almost every time. I'm so worried about food getting stuck I'm making myself think I need to get it out. I guess old band habits die hard. I fought the urge Friday night for 30 minutes then I caved n felt better headwise bug never really felt sick in the first place. Then I cried my eyes out bc I felt like I failed at trying to get through the 'head' piece of it

Most Active
Recent Topics