Is it hard to get approved for revision?

Lyn S.
on 4/12/12 2:16 pm - Flint, MI
Just started looking into a possible revision. I do not know where to start. Is this something that insurance will even cover or is this somethin that is self pay?
micheleshep
on 4/14/12 4:35 am
Revision on 04/30/12
Check with insurance everyone is different. Make sure the surgeon performes revisions.
dieseluncg68
on 4/14/12 8:56 am
Hi, You will have to call your insurance company. I had not problem with mine. I was approved in 3 days. However I had complications with the band since it erroded in my stomach and my port was infected. I am doing my lab work next week and then hopefully scheduling the revision to the bypass.

coll26
on 4/14/12 12:17 pm
VSG on 01/30/15

I was approved in 2 days of all submission of list of requirements, I realy believe it was the Physcians documentation of the problems I was having....Good luck!!

ceedott
on 4/18/12 1:44 am - PA
question did you go to the same surgeon for your revision and did you have alot pf problem's with the band
Lyn S.
on 4/15/12 4:21 am - Flint, MI
Thanks so much everyone. I had my surgery at a Bariatric Treatment Center of Michigan in 2002. Its now called Barix Clinics. I do know they do revisions but didnt know how lobg the process is. Im waiting for test results and will be contacting them directly
justjudy
on 4/16/12 7:50 am, edited 4/15/12 7:50 pm - Canton, MI
My insurance hss a $20,000 lifetime limit for bariatric surgery, so anything after the first one is on me. Check to see if your insurance has a lifetime limit, and in addition, what under what cir****tances would they deem a second surgery medically necessary?

Judy

Lyn S.
on 4/16/12 1:08 pm - Flint, MI
Thx so much for the info judy
Most Active
Recent Topics