Help.....so frustrated.....had rny on November 3, 1999 went from 324 to 160 pounds,...

annamarie1969
on 11/10/12 1:18 am - deltona, FL

thank you......enlightened

jerzey59
on 11/14/12 12:50 am - Covington, GA

Do you know of a doctor that performs the revision from RNY to DS in Georgia?

annamarie1969
on 11/14/12 5:37 am - deltona, FL

no but i will check online give me about oneday to correspond back

annamarie1969
on 11/14/12 5:41 am - deltona, FL

I googled Georgia bariatric surgeons and got tons of docs they appear to do revisions so u may want to find some close and start calling them.....they could have just started doing rny to ds.  Good Luck, Anna 

MsBatt
on 11/14/12 7:10 am

Revision of the RNY to the DS is the most difficult revision surgery out there, and there are only a handful of  surgeons in the world who are qualified to do one. I don't believe there's one in Georgia. Smiley Jane posted a thread a few days ago that listed them all.

Tricie 40
on 12/9/12 10:15 am - Back Home For Good, IL

Dr. Dennis Smith in Marrieta, GA

The only person that is with us our entire life,  is ourselves. Live while you are alive

Tricie

Carolann Ruthenberg
on 11/11/12 1:42 pm - Clermont, FL

Hi from Orlando, Florida....I am looking into revision surgery as well.  I had my Gastric surgery in 2007 and weighed 271lbs (size 3 x).  I went dow to a weight of 128lbs and felt great until I contracted Epstein Barr virus and anemia.  Anyways....I'm up to 174lbs and I currently am looking into the endoscopic surgery that is performed in India.  I will post back here when I get some information.  I chose India because it is far more high tech and the medical care is superb as reported on 20/20.  I'm with you friend, in that, everyday is a challenge just to get out of bed and will keep you in my prayers. 

annamarie1969
on 11/12/12 1:01 am - deltona, FL

Thanks so much for your support. I am in Deltona, Fl.  I am about 45 minutes from Orlando.  I found a great surgeon but he is very picky on whether or not he will even approve the surgery for me to have a revision. I honestly hate to have to trust upon other people with such a destrimental decision about my mental and physical health and well being.  It is the hardest part to come forward and have to admit did i fail the rny  or did it fail me after 13 plus yrs.? I can not tell you how alone one feels when they lose all this weight and look so much better then fast forward a few yrs later and have to face the same people who saw u succeed now have seen u fail.  It totally put me into a major setback/depression/isolation from society. I stay to myself now....something I never did and I don't even socialize like I used to.  I am literally my worse critic and treat myself like I am subhuman.  This is the most important part I am working on correctly.....why do i feel i am lesser then a human being.....why do i feel I am not worth it....why do i feel so badly about something so very personal and close to my heart?  i am going to further my therapy and do whatever this doctor asks me to do but if he decided for one reason or another not to help take me to the next level when i am ready....I will too be looking into other options and if that means going to India, Egypt or even Mexico...I am there....I do it for a better quality of life...a better future and I do it for my family. I am sorry I kinda went into a rant it was more about the doc maybe not approving me. As I stand now he has asked I work with a dietician...but after a thorough upper gi...the tech stated my stomach empties very rapidly.  I am constantly hungry and also thirsty. I just know God has great plans for us....I will continue on in my fight to improve my life....thank u all so much for the sweet and supportive comments. I don't share this so i appreciate you letting me share such a personal aspect of my life and helping me feel I am not alone in this battle. 

Corbin1264
on 11/12/12 5:12 am

I am in the same situation.  I have gained 150 pounds back after a RNY in 1995.  I had an upper GI series and an Endoscopy and today I was told there was nothing that could be done for me because my pouch was too small.  I am hungry all of the time and from what the doctor told me, it is due to my stomach being bypassed and my food going directly into my intestine. 

I have good insurance that pays for revision however, I was told there was nothing that could be done for me since a gastric band was out of the questions due to my pouch being so short. 

I am beside myself.  He recommended that I start on diet pills and told me to go through a walk-in clinic.  He doesn't prescribe due to an inability of being able to follow-up.  I'm going to try to find someone who can help me.  I feel your pain 

annamarie1969
on 11/12/12 9:44 pm - deltona, FL

OMG u and I are in the same boat.....I am consumed by this problem and trying so hard to come to a good conclusion....I think with u losing that much weight then gaining some back exactly like me is our bodies saying this didnt work for us, there clearly  is a problem with our bodies....geez diet pills huh? your doctor sounds like my primary doc with whom hasn't given me his blessings at all for a revision. I would certainly try this approach, look into a surgeon with a great reputation with whom can help u.It is true to have a DS revison after a rny.  I googled bariatric surgery revision and other words and came up with tons of doctors with their input plus patients......I would not stop this fight.  u and i are so WORTH IT. I do the endoscopy next week or the following.  If he cannot help me I will just go find another doctor and i swear to u even if i have to fly somewhere to do it, i will....i cannot accept this and i will not accept this. I know I can find someone....I just want somebody to help assist me with the jumpstart.  I tried phentermine and other diets already, alli, slim fast, ww, lean cuisine meals....cutting back, etc....nothing is working full term i may lose 5 gain back 8-10 pounds....it is so frustrating...I pray you and I get the help we need.  Thank you for your email, Anna

Most Active
Recent Topics