Revision Pennsylvania BC/BS Lap Band to Sleeve

marlab64
on 4/6/13 4:51 am - Bucks County, PA

Hi Everyone-

I had the band done about 7 years ago and was originally very successful.  I have put on about 40 pounds with my band emptied because I would get stuck alot.  Last falIl, I went and inquired about revision to sleeve but I hadn't gained ehough weight. 

Does anyone have any experience with PA BC/BS insurance covering revisions?

Thanks!

pineview01
on 4/7/13 8:51 am - Davison, MI

It will depend on you personal policy.  Ten people could have PA BC/BS and have different coverage.  You need to call and see if they cover band removal 43774 and sleeve 43775 (current numbers in 2012).  Than you need to make sure you policy doesn't have a Once in a life time WLS clause.  If they don't have the clause and cover both numbers, then you need to know what the insurance requires for revision.  I had to have a bmi of 35 with co-morbs and the whole process over.  Some have none.  Than you need to find out what your surgery center requires for revision.  Mine required a 2nd psych Eval which mandated 6 sessions with a therapist and a 2nd nut & nursing class.

Good luck hope it is smooth sailing for you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics