average weight loss after lap band over gastric bypass revision???

Charmaine C.
on 6/10/13 7:10 am - Columbus, OH

I'm wondering what is the average weight loss after having gastric bypass to getting a revision to lap band?

Is it worth it, do you loss weight slow or fast?

What is the average weight lost per week or month?

I just have so many questions and I dont know what to ask. Please help someone.

Thanks

heathercross
on 6/10/13 8:09 am - New York, NY

Charmaine, do you mean a Band over bypass (BOB). I think it depends. My doctor told me she thought I'd lose 70lbs, I've lost 80lbs.  But, I need to warn you, its REALLY slow, The band is like a diet, its not easy breeezy like the RNY. You could just have a bowel movement with the RNY and drop **** 10lbs.  I lost like 20lbs before the surgery - due to a liquid diet and I've lost 60lbs since. i will be 2 yrs out with my BOB next week and 11yrs with my RNY.

Charmaine C.
on 6/11/13 2:52 am - Columbus, OH

Thanks Heather for your response. Now, im wondering if i should even go through it. I should continue to diet. My stomach is about 1 cup & 1/2 and he said it on the large size. My Bariatric doctor have me on a Liquid Meal replacement diet plan for 2 weeks to try to get me back on track. Also, I may have Hernia and if I do they will do the Lap band.

heathercross
on 6/11/13 10:18 pm - New York, NY

C, you don't mention why you think you need a revision?  Have you had a Upper GI, Endoscopy or a CT Scan?  If you are gaining weight and only eating 1 1/2 cups you may need to evaulate what you are eating and how often bc something isn't jiving here about why you are gaining weight?

Most Active
Recent Topics