tomorrow is my big day....surgery

peanut16
on 4/8/14 12:49 am - Willow Spring, NC

Tomorrow is my day with getting my sleeve in place and this band out.  I am also re-thinking this for I am now getting scared.....:( I don't want anything to go wrong.  Maybe I should not have read a post yesterday about being sick all the time, she couldn't drink anything without being sick.  Then she had a leak.  Boy it scared me a lot.  

Peanut16

peanut16
on 4/8/14 11:31 pm - Willow Spring, NC

Well today is my big day.  I am going to be heading to the hospital in about 30 mins.  I am looking forward to this so much.  Not scared anymore either. 

Peanut16

happygurl429
on 4/9/14 5:12 am - Belleville, MI

Hi there!  Just wanted to stop by and say good luck on your revision surgery today. I am going in on May 2nd for the exact same thing...band to sleeve.  I am very nervous too. Please let me know how it goes for you.  I'd love to hear your story!  Congrats on being back on the losers bench and having that hellish band removed:)

peanut16
on 4/11/14 4:55 am - Willow Spring, NC

Don't be nervous for I was and found out it is nothing to it.  I am now home and doing very well.  Just got to remember to drink and walk every change I can get.  So far I am enjoying my sleeve.  I seen it in the camera on the second at the hospital to make sure no leaks and it looked like a straw to me.   Boy I am going to like this reseruction that I never got with the band.  I don't even think about food at all.  Not hungry at all.  

Peanut16

happygurl429
on 4/11/14 5:04 am - Belleville, MI

Wow! That's awesome. I can't wait to have true restriction again!!!  Did post surgery feel about the same as when you got your band? What are you eating now?

Christina

peanut16
on 4/11/14 9:03 am - Willow Spring, NC

Yes the post surgery does feel alot like when we had the band put into place.  For the 2 days afterwards was just clear liquids like broth, jello and water.  I don't want to eat or drink anything.  three sips of something and i am done.  Jsut remember one thing you must stay hydraded so drink your water for sure.

Peanut16

FeFi
on 4/15/14 10:47 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14

Congrats, on your revision surgery!!!!! My revision is less than 48 hours away and I am scared but happy at the same time.  I go in tomorrow for my pre-op :-)   How many days were you in the hospital after your revision?  I see that you mentioned that you were not able to sleep in your bed, was it due to the pain or just the healing.

FeFi
on 4/15/14 11:17 am - GA
RNY on 04/24/14

Congrats, on your revision surgery!!!!! My revision is less than 48 hours away and I am scared but happy at the same time.  I go in tomorrow for my pre-op :-)   How many days were you in the hospital after your revision?  I see that you mentioned that you were not able to sleep in your bed, was it due to the pain or just healing from the procedure?

peanut16
on 4/15/14 10:27 pm - Willow Spring, NC

I was in the hospital for 2 1/2 days.  The reason why I couldn't sleep in my bed was due to the healing.  I just didn't like sleeping on my back so soon.  Getting up and down was just harder from the bed.  the chair was much better for me.   Wish you will on your revision.  keep me posted on your out come.

Peanut16

FeFi
on 4/16/14 9:02 pm - GA
RNY on 04/24/14

Thank you,

I am headed to the hospital as we speak and I will keep you posted on my progress.

FeFi

Most Active
Recent Topics