approved by Aetna

tbone88
on 4/14/14 8:52 am - MO

My Coordinator just called and left a message saying that Aetna has approved my revision surgery.  She said that I will be getting a call from the schedulers office to get me a date for the surgery. She also said that I will be getting a call from billing letting me know what my out of pocket will be and that it will need to be paid before the surgery. My plan covers I am pretty sure it is 90% in network coverage it might be 80%. Does anyone know about how much this will cost?

SuzinDallas
on 4/14/14 10:11 am

There are a lot of variables in play here. It can often depend on your deductible, your indivdual surgeon's fees, hospital fees (mine makes you pay up front for at least 2 nights!) and a bunch of other stuff.  

At my consult and final appointment where they submitted my worst case scenario was $1000 out of pocket and the best case was $328 and some change.

When we scheduled it?  My total out of pocket pre-op (who knows if I'll be billed for more post-op) will be $62 and most of that is going to cover my hospital stay.

If you're really curious you can call your Insurance company and ask, they'll at least be able to give you the worst case ball park.

Revision from Lap-Band to RNY May 2014.  

Revision Consultation: 326   Day of Surgery: 310   Current: 250   Goal: 150

tbone88
on 4/18/14 8:25 am - MO

found out today that my out of pocket to my surgeon is 350.00 and 1100 to the hospital...I am so glad for some reason I thought it was going to be several thousand more.

pineview01
on 4/21/14 3:37 pm - Davison, MI

My DD had to pay the 20% too and she got a one fee (surgeons can have a set fee deal with the hospital as ours does) and her's was $1200 3 years ago so you are about the same.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics