RNY revision due to repeated strictures

mrsgreenville
on 4/17/14 11:10 am

Im having revision of RNY April 22.  I originally had RNY June 2009 and lost all my weight and then some.  I had constant vomiting and nausea and wasn't able to eat any solid foods.  Every eight-twelve months, I would give in and get dilated.  Very expensive and lasted a few weeks at best.  Has anyone else had this?  I have weight to lose, but not much.  In the beginning I got in the low 120's.  I'm 5'5" and 55 yrs old.  I ate mashed potatoes and greek yogurt, anything to keep the weight on.  I got so sick of feeling so sick.  I'm currently up to 140 pounds, on purpose, knowing I'll lose before I start to gain healthily post revision.  I have confidence in my surgeon, just anxious. (and I forgot how this liquid preop diet totally stinks!) It seems to be a very unusual occurrence.  Any input from anyone who's been there would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

Hislady
on 4/18/14 4:32 am - Vancouver, WA

Need to know what you revised to?

mrsgreenville
on 4/18/14 8:53 pm

Oh. Sorry. I am having the pouch external opening all redone. (I'm sure there are more technical terms) that's where the strictures keep occurring. That essentially means anything I eat with any consistency other than like mashed potatoes stays put. For hours. Then I vomit. Ugh. 

pineview01
on 4/21/14 3:43 pm - Davison, MI

Sounds like they are stretching your stoma.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics