Mexico revision?

mschimpf
on 4/22/14 2:44 am

Has anyone had a revision done in Mexico? I had a lapband in the states in 2008 as a cash pay and am strongly considering a revision to a sleeve but can't afford the surgery here and my insurance doesn't cover it. I know it is a more risky surgery to have a revision opposed to just the original surgery and want to get some feedback! Thanks!

Hislady
on 4/22/14 5:32 am - Vancouver, WA

Many folks have done Mexico revisions from band to sleeve. If you haven't already you should also post this on the sleeve forum there are lots of folks there who have done this revision. Best of luck to you!

tdbull
on 4/22/14 9:07 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I was a self pay for both bands, done in MX, and then my same surgeon removed my band and revised me to RNY. I had no complications from this surgery, but I chose to have my gallbladder removed at the same time, and I did have a bile duct nick that took almost 6-7 weeks to heal. Otherwise, easy peasy. I love going to MX - whenever I go I do some Botox or Lipo too.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Most Active
Recent Topics