gastric bypass revision on May 8

nicoletta84
on 4/22/14 9:33 am

So excited revising my bypass on May 8. How much weight loss have fellow revision by passers lost??

clpeltz
on 4/22/14 11:38 pm

Revision to what?

RNY to DS Revision 4/29/2011
Dr. Henry Buchwald

"Think twice.....Cut ONCE"

nicoletta84
on 4/23/14 12:17 am

Revising my rny to rny. My pouch was never created small enough all my egds say. I chose a more experienced surgeon to revise this. Make smaller pouch and more distal 

MsBatt
on 4/23/14 1:56 am

You should also research getting your RNY revised to a DS. This is the most complex revision, but also the most effective one. A most distal bypass is going to increase your malabsorption of vitamins and minerals, but it isn't going to increase your malabsorption of calories much. While you're having surgery, you might as well get the best.

shona67
on 1/1/15 1:39 pm - Lancaster, TX

Please give me some advice, I had the gastric by pass in 2005 & now scheduled for the DS but I'm really scared because I too only want to be at a weigh goal of 175lbs & wAs told with the DS I will loose 70lbs or more, right now I weight 215lbs & Dnt want to loose that much. What is the difference you notice going from the gastric to the DS

nicoletta84
on 4/23/14 2:00 am

I'm 206 pounds so I think the ds is too drastic of a surgery for my weight 

MsBatt
on 4/24/14 12:24 pm

Not at all! Especially since you've already had an RNY that didn't give you all the help you needed (and *probably* further damaged your metabolism.) The DS is appropriate for lightweights, too, especially if you have certain health problems, like diabetes, high cholesterol, or any reason to take NSAIDs. (NSAIDs are okay with the DS, forbidden with the RNY.)

nicoletta84
on 4/24/14 12:35 pm, edited 4/24/14 12:36 pm

I go for my preop appointment tomorro.  So I'm gonna ask alot of questions. The only reason I want rny to rny revision is because I actually work on the operating room I scrub in on these revisions all the time and my surgeon has good results with rny to rny revison. My labs are already bad. I don't want a super malabsorption procedure with more vitamins etc. I'm only getting it revised because of hiatal hernia causing reflux. And dilated pouch my original surgeon don't even do bypasses any more because he had alot of complications in majority of his patients. So they are gonna make the pouch smaller. I mean I was 243 pounds a few months ago. I lost down to 206 now I'm 210.  I wanna get down to 170 is my realistic goal my want goal is 160. I'm 5'8 

nicoletta84
on 4/24/14 12:37 pm

Fertility pills blew me up 

pineview01
on 4/24/14 1:15 pm - Davison, MI

Are you off them now?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics