Sleeve to DS? Anyone?

kateface
on 6/5/14 3:04 am

Hi I am new here and I am thinking about getting a revision. I have an appointment with my surgeon in 2 weeks to discuss all my options.

Here is the run down on me:

HW 293

SW 284

CW 233

I had the sleeve done  11/30/12. I had great initial weight loss but I have been struggling with the same five pounds for almost a year I gain and loose gain and loose over and over. I have tried atkins even and it didn't work. My dietician has me on 1200 calorie diet and I tend to sheat on that more than I should. Atkins is almost easier for me but it is hard to stick with forever. I know my main issue is not exersising as I should and not getting the support I need the first 6 months. In fact the gosipital relized they were in the wrong not giving me the needed support and they have set this appointment up to see the doctor and a nutritionist. 

I am scared to go through with the DS because it looks complicated and you are out for a long time. I am not even sure I would qualify anyway because of my BMI I saw that you need to have a high BMI to get the DS. IDK just seeing if I am the only person out there that did not get the desired outcome of the sleeve. I sure feel like it,.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

PHAT_at42
on 6/7/14 10:33 am
DS on 03/12/14

Hi, I was sleeved in Aug 09 and lost about 50lbs over 7-8mos then nothing. Unfortunately I allowed myself to become discourage and stop putting in the effort. My sleeve was made big and I had mininal restriction after month 5. The weight I did lose too just as much work as dieting before surgery and came back even faster. I added the switch in Mar of this year and have lost about 40lbs since surgery. I also had my sleeve trimmed. The weight loss is not super fast but it is coming off without much effort unlike the sleeve. I opted for a longer common channel to minimize nutritional issues and bowel issues. So far I have not had any poblem with loose frequent stool or excessive gas. I go once or twice a day. Gas is directly proportional to what I eat. If I eat carbs...even a little the gas is extremely foul. It has truly been an incentive for keeping my diet clean. Even with the longer CC I still take a lot of Vitmans EVERYDAY. When considering adding the DS my biggest fear after potential surgical complications was it I could committ to the vitamin requirements. To my relief I have not had any complications and have found getting my vits in relatively easy.  I go for my 3month labs on Monday so will see how well my vit level are at that time.  

So far I am happy with the switch. I knew that revising to RNY was not an option for me.  Good luck with your decision!

m1=23, M2=11, M3=4(had stall for 3wks), M4=6 M5=6 M6=6 M7=4 M8=3

I am a VSG to DS revison!

D. Switcher
on 6/7/14 1:20 pm

As part of my revision, I am spending some time in between my ears? Come visit?

http://www.obesityhelp.com/myoh/group/action/my_groups/tab,0/page,1/from,myoh/delete_id,14407/?secure=80179d67ed4b7cdc8e2c69066ca758c5&key=1468daa2e4165f3e92761ed964460c4f#my_groups_main:1

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

kateface
on 6/19/14 1:33 am

Hey tried to go this link and it says I am not part of any group? Do you know what I may be doing wrong?

HKFandora
on 7/11/14 3:31 pm
On June 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM Pacific Time, PHAT_at42 wrote:

Hi, I was sleeved in Aug 09 and lost about 50lbs over 7-8mos then nothing. Unfortunately I allowed myself to become discourage and stop putting in the effort. My sleeve was made big and I had mininal restriction after month 5. The weight I did lose too just as much work as dieting before surgery and came back even faster. I added the switch in Mar of this year and have lost about 40lbs since surgery. I also had my sleeve trimmed. The weight loss is not super fast but it is coming off without much effort unlike the sleeve. I opted for a longer common channel to minimize nutritional issues and bowel issues. So far I have not had any poblem with loose frequent stool or excessive gas. I go once or twice a day. Gas is directly proportional to what I eat. If I eat carbs...even a little the gas is extremely foul. It has truly been an incentive for keeping my diet clean. Even with the longer CC I still take a lot of Vitmans EVERYDAY. When considering adding the DS my biggest fear after potential surgical complications was it I could committ to the vitamin requirements. To my relief I have not had any complications and have found getting my vits in relatively easy.  I go for my 3month labs on Monday so will see how well my vit level are at that time.  

So far I am happy with the switch. I knew that revising to RNY was not an option for me.  Good luck with your decision!

Hi. How long is your CC?

pineview01
on 6/7/14 1:35 pm - Davison, MI

Did you post this on the DS boards.  I would figure they are hanging there.

Would love to hear how you do with this.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LaToya S.
on 6/10/14 2:11 am - Edwardsville, IL
I am in the same boat but I am having some serious re-gain issues right now. I am scheduled for stage 2 (the switch) June 24th. Has the VSG 11/2011

LaToya
www.youtube.com/user/lmscrogg

Twitter: @ScrogginsFamily  

annarohr
on 6/16/14 10:02 am

I'm in the exact same boat.  Was sleeved in Nov 2009 lost 100 pounds, have regained 80 since then.  Going to look into a resleeve and DS, frustrating to be sure.

kateface
on 6/19/14 1:34 am

Let me know what you decide

HKFandora
on 7/11/14 3:31 pm
On June 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM Pacific Time, LaToya S. wrote:
I am in the same boat but I am having some serious re-gain issues right now. I am scheduled for stage 2 (the switch) June 24th. Has the VSG 11/2011

Hi there. Did you have your surgery? 

Most Active
Recent Topics