2 week freak out rny to ds revision

dawn4511
on 7/17/14 10:38 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hello friends
I'm having a tough night. Two weeks before surgery and I'm in self doubt mode. I want answers to questions that no one can answer. I'm scared. Not so much of the surgery because I trust my surgeon and he does it in two stages so I get to take baby steps. I'm more scared of failing. What if I can\t lose with a DS? What if I go threw this to end up in the same spot 7yrs down the road? Then what? This is my last hope and last option. I think Ive done a lot of growing up, maturing since my RNY. I have also done alot of counselling but I still have issues sticking to a diet. How am I going to stick to it this time?

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

MsBatt
on 7/18/14 1:34 am

Being scared is completely normal, so relax about THAT. (*grin*)

I'm not going to tell you that with the DS you'll lose all your excess weight and live happily ever after---'cause that would be crap. I AM going to tell you that the DS is your very best shot at getting to goal and staying there.

As for sticking to a diet---the 'diet' post-DS is very different from any diet you've ever been on. Most DSers don't count calories at all, just grams of protein and fat---and we only count them to be sure we've eaten ENOUGH of them! While you're losing weight, you'll want to keep your carbs as low as possible, and you'll have to learn for yourself just how low works for you. Once you finish losing weight, maintenance is pretty darned easy.

Have you visited the DS board here? What about FB groups, www.dsfacts.com?

Most Active
Recent Topics