RNY to Revision to Overstitch

thisismyear
on 7/22/14 5:54 am

Hello All,

I got the overstitch done a week ago. My surgeon put me on a liquid diet for 2 weeks. I am down 10 pounds.

I definitely feel the restriction, and I am having a litle trouble swallowing my spit. He did tell me that that may be a side effect that they would try to correct during the procedure.

I will update and let you know how I am doing in a few days.

salees5864
on 7/22/14 10:17 am

I am thinking of a revision after my RNY. I have an appointment with my surgeon in about 2 weeks. If you can and you feel up to get please give me some feed back.. Feel better wishing you all the success

heathercross
on 7/25/14 10:03 am - New York, NY

Please look into a "real revision" the Apollo overstitch is not one of them.  RNY - RNY, RNY to DS or RNY to Band (BOB).  Good Luck.  Apollo Overstich will lead to a 3rd surgery soon.

nina144
on 10/21/14 2:02 am

your statement is very harsh and general. i have done extensive research thru major bariatric  hospitals and this procedure is becoming very successful as a non surgical procedure to help patients get some support back from their tool and control. it and another surgery is not the cure all as we all know. i usually do not even respond to any of these msg boards, but in reading your post. unless you are a doctor who has researched participated, you should not make such  direct statements. i hope you never have to go thru any revision and that you are successful for the rest of your life. for me, it was a fantastic tool for 13 years and i will always know it takes hard work. best of luck.

thisismyear
on 8/25/14 1:21 am

Update to the overstitch.

I have lost 34 pounds.

I got a revision to my gastric bypass done the end of April last year. I caught pneumonia right afterwards. Overall it was not a success. I lost maybe 10 pounds at the most. I felt very little restriction and was disappointed. 

For me at least, the overstitch has been great. I have a lot of restriction. I am very pleased. I would like to lose another 30-50 pounds by next year.

MsBatt
on 8/25/14 7:16 am

Please keep us updated. It's the long-term results I want to see. (Like 5+ years.)

nina144
on 10/21/14 1:58 am

GOOD FOR YOU THAT IS FANTASTIC. I HAVE AN APT AT UCLA TO CONSULT FOR THIS PROCEDURE AND I CANT WAIT. I AM HOPING THIS WILL HELP ME  I CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THIS DONE BUT I WILL MAKE THIS A POSITIVE PLUS I WOULD LIKE SO MUCH TO HEAR FROM YOU. PLEASE EMAIL ME.

[email protected] BE WELL. bandit

Samantha M.
on 4/16/15 2:25 am - Portsmouth, OH

Hi! Could you please message me about how you are doing now? I am having the overstitch in 2 weeks and know NO ONE who has had it. Would love to hear more of your story.

Most Active
Recent Topics