band over bypass

berryphila
on 7/29/14 12:30 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ

Has anyone had it? Know anyone who has?  Surgeon in Pennsylvania or New Jersey?

Member Services
on 7/30/14 5:34 am - Irvine, CA

Hi berryphila,

We did a search and here is a link of several threads/posts.  We hope this helps....

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=band+o ver+bypass&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID% 3A9

heathercross
on 7/31/14 9:26 pm - New York, NY

Im in Philadelphia (now) but had both my RNY (Lenox Hill - Leitman) and Band Over Bypass (NYU -Kurian) in NYC in 2002 and 2011 respectively. When I moved here 2 yrs ago and wanted to stat active in support groups, I found no one in Phila did bands anymore let alone BOBS - they all moved to sleeves.  Check out my profile. You need to make sure you are a candidtate and you should also consider a RNY revision or a DS.  Go to NYC to have whatever you need done.  Roslin does RNY revisions and one of like 6 in country who do DS and Kurian (Al Rokers surgeon) does the BOB.

berryphila
on 8/1/14 2:39 am - Cherry Hill, NJ

Hi.  Thank you so much for responding.  I am 11 years post RNY and gained back ALL my weight plus another 10-15 lbs. I am back to 260 lbs!  I am miserable.  I can't breathe I can't walk.  I just learned about BOB and it seems to be what I am looking for.  I am not looking for an easy way to go.  The RNY was fast and easy and I took it for granted.  I need to work for it to be successful.  It's just my personality.  Were you able to get an insurance company to pay for the revision?  Since the original surgery, I am now on heart medication, cholesterol medication, 2 blood pressure meds and have had 2 (mild) strokes.  How long was the surgery and the recovery?  I won't tell my family about doing this because they will laugh.  Didn't do it before; won't do it now.  They are no longer supportive.  Know you have other things to do but I would really appreciate your response.  Thanks!

Barbara

Most Active
Recent Topics