DEPRESSED (EVERYTHING DENIED)

ceedott
on 8/11/14 3:40 am - PA

I'm in the proccess of trying toget the band removed and revised to the sleeve my insurance denied both they will not remove the band bc they say its not medically necessary so in turn the sleeve will not be done either. i hired lindstrom to do my appeal and at the time of denial i had personal coice now i have khpe and i'm told my doctors office have to resubmit my paperwork to them under khpe wait for the denial letter and appeal again. i feel like i'm getting the run around bc its all under the ibc umbrella. i'm getting very discouraged and depressed

Hislady
on 8/11/14 5:11 am - Vancouver, WA

These things all take time and you have to follow certain procedures. If you have more than one insurance coverage or change insurance it has to be denied by each of them and can be a long drawn out procedure. Lindstrom is the best so if they can't get it covered no one can, Hang in there it just takes time.

berryphila
on 8/11/14 1:03 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ

I too have KHPE and am just beginning the road to revision.  Who is Lindstrom and how do I contact him/her should I need help?

berryphila
on 8/11/14 1:26 pm - Cherry Hill, NJ

Hi.I.have KHPE from BCBS.  Why did they deny you?

ceedott
on 8/11/14 9:39 pm, edited 8/11/14 9:40 pm - PA

hi they said it's not medically nescessary since its not a problem with the actual band.. but its causing issues that i didn't have before the band. acid reflux, constipation, food stuck where i have to drink something to pu**** down or i'm going to throw it up smh i didn't go through surgery to have it not work i feel like a failure

i'm being very patient i just want this band out bc its causing more problems the thing doesn't work for me anymore. here's the information for lindstrom below.keep me posted and i'll keep you posted

LINDSTROM OBESITY ADVOCACY

601-C East Palomar Street, #480

Chula Vista, CA 91911

WWW.WLSAPPEALS.COM

Tel: 619-656-5251

Fax: 888-992-1188

LOAfinalemailversion

Roni W.
on 8/13/14 8:33 am - Forty Fort, PA

Has your doctors office been documenting all these problems? I'm on SS disability due to Fibromyalgia, and I discovered during that process that my doctor and nurses had not written any of the multiple complaints/problems I had brought up during my appointments! Of course, I was denied the first time. The first thing they teach you in nursing school is that if it's not documented, then it wasn't done - period.

After that I started standing by the girl when I went in the office, and made sure she recorded every thing I told her, then at the end of my appointment, I would ask the doctor if he had written down everything we discussed. You can't trust that they will do it right, when you're depending on your medical record to back up your claims.

Good luck, I hope you get everything approved before long!

Roni in PA :)
"Those hairline cracks running through me are stronger than your wholeness. Every stitch on me represents an obstacle I've overcome."
                                                    gu siorraidhbrath

Most Active
Recent Topics