Band to Bypass Surgery Scheduled for Aug 25!!!

Margeson2012
on 8/12/14 4:52 am

I am so excited to get this blasted thing out of me! Hindsight is 20/20...never let a doctor talk you into a subpar surgery just so they can make a quick buck! Praying all goes well for this one and my hard work pays off this time. Liquid diet begins on the 18th! 

Hislady
on 8/13/14 5:12 am - Vancouver, WA

Congrats getting mine out was the best thing I ever did. Unfortunately it had already caused damage. So I hope yours goes well and you are able to recover quickly and totally!

Margeson2012
on 8/13/14 5:17 am

Thanks! :)

ebonymc
on 8/17/14 1:20 am
On August 13, 2014 at 12:12 PM Pacific Time, Hislady wrote:

Congrats getting mine out was the best thing I ever did. Unfortunately it had already caused damage. So I hope yours goes well and you are able to recover quickly and totally!

Are you thinking about revising to something else? 

Margeson2012
on 8/17/14 11:29 pm

Thank you! So far from the two egd's I had done they saw no damange besides it being slipped up and my port always hurting. So hopefully they wont find anything once they get inside.

Ashley in Belgium
on 8/16/14 11:37 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

Congratulations on your surgery date! Stay positive - you've already got experience with this whole process.  Concentrate on the bigger picture so as to not let the little hiccups derail you. My experience so far has been fantastic!  Would do it again in a heartbeat. 

Take advantage of this pre-op time to get yourself ready when you are home. I found freezing in ice cube trays my clear liquids made it effortless to keep up with my fluid I take :)

Take lots of pictures now - especially in your underwear or a swimsuit - and take your measurements. This really helps when you get discouraged to see your progress!

Good luck- Ashley

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

Margeson2012
on 8/17/14 11:33 pm

I've seen my brother and best friend go through the bypass process so I am aware of the hiccups that can happen and I am trying to make myself conscious of them. I took my weight this morning and plan on having my hubby take my pics this evening :) I've bought a lot of water and powerade zero to help me stay hydrated and popcicples (sugar free). Hoping all of that helps. 

Today is day 1 of liquid diet. I'm not addicted to food so I'm usually a beast during this period and I welcome the detoxing :)

Thank you for your encouragement! If you follow my blog I will keep everyone updated on my progress during this process. 

ebonymc
on 8/17/14 1:31 am

I'm excited for you too. I am on the same journey as you.  I had the bane taken out 6 weeks ago and will play it by ear from this point on. I only wish now that I would have done this in one surgery but my Dr. was making me so aware of the fact that It would be a double risk doing it in one procedure that I decided to wait to have the other one.

56sunShine14
on 8/17/14 1:55 am

@ebonymc,

I also had my band out 5 weeks ago.  Good riddance!  I am currently into the process with the surgeon for the Sleeve and am hoping to have it by my birthday.  It would be the best present to ever give myself!

Let's keep in touch as we go ok?

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

ebonymc
on 8/17/14 2:36 am

That would be nice. I thought about the sleeve b/c I did lose 45 lbs with the band but gained 13 back. I think I'm considered a light weight for RNY at 215lbs right now but my insurance will only pay for RNY and not the sleeve

Most Active
Recent Topics