VBG revision to RNY scheduled for 08/14/14, any tips

Awillis
on 8/16/14 5:20 pm - Richardson, TX
RNY on 08/28/14

I am very nervous about surgery this time around, more than 1st time.  It should be easier I think since it is lap and not open but I am now 62 so healing might take longer.  Any last minute tips?  I have my preop Tuesday and ultrasound of my gallbladder to determine if they are going to go ahead and remove it too!

Linda K.
on 8/19/14 10:35 am - Omaha, NE

I hope went well with your revision.  I had my VBG to RNY revision in January.  Take it very easy.  It took me almost 3 months before I started to feel like my old (well, should I say NEW self :-)  Make sure to sip-sip-sip your water!!!!   I use a bit of fruit juice or water flavoring to help get my liquids in.  Take your vitamins.  I found a great gummy vitamin that is also a pre-natal vitamin.  I love it and it keeps me healthy.  Don't get discouraged if your weight doesn't come off all at once.  I found my revision weight loss is a little slower but I have lost close to 90 pounds at this time.  I am so happy with my weight loss.    

Welcome to the other side!!!  :-)

randalmcvey
on 8/26/14 2:40 am

Hope all went well with your surgery.  I am 62 and look to have the same surgery.  If you can advise me please let me know.

Most Active
Recent Topics