has anyone heard of a revision on a bipartition to just a tight sleeve?

neacres100
on 10/5/14 2:57 pm - NJ

was wondering if that's possible.  I know there were a few that had a bipartition done years ago.  I was supposed to have a ds done, but due to the massive amount of cinder block adhesions from prevsious abdominal surgeries, i was given a sleeve and was told i had two exits from the stomach to help with the weight loss.  I have just started looking into having a revision.  I'm sure, my revision will be unique.  I just want a tighter sleeve if that can even be done.  I never reached my goal, and I've beaten myself up about that.  

MsBatt
on 10/6/14 8:34 am

I'm not certain exactly what  bipartition IS. Stomach stapling, maybe?

Am I correct in thinking you currently have a fairly 'normal' Sleeve? (The "two exits" thing I don't understand AT ALL.) Would you like to add the Switch for a complete DS, if that was possible?

Do you have your surgical notes? Would you be willing to post them here, or PM me with them? If I understood more about what you've got now I might be able to offer better suggestions.

Just off the top of my head, I'd recommend you consult with either Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Keshishian, both located in CA. They're the 'top guns' when it comes to complicated, one-off revisions.

Zee Starrlite
on 10/8/14 5:01 am, edited 10/8/14 7:55 am

Look at old posts.  Looks like she had terribly infected insides from a LB erosion, multiple abdominal surgeries even prior,  Gagner went in 6 months after band removal with the intent of possibly doing a full DS.  Of course again he could only do the Sleeve.  3.5 months after she is opened to do the 2nd half but she again has too many "cement adhesions" connected to vital organs.  he cleans her up and either does a procedure or not?  It sounds like something intestinal or at least something different was done hence "two exits"???  Gagner had a stellar reputation back in the day but for some time now, he's been a hit and run.  And no one ever seems well enough to have a full DS.  I think the time in the OR has something to do with it.  All I know is that I am glad I have Roslin.  To this very day I could text him and he immediately responds.

Hope all is well.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics