What would be my options? I am so terrified by weight gain!

Sharon Burns
on 10/9/14 4:36 am - Cheyenne, WY

I had Rouen-Y Gastric bypass in January 2006. I lost 100 pounds and kept it off until 2012. My husband took a stressful job. We stopped going to gym and started eating junk. I made him quit the job after a year but the damage was done.  I am 50 pounds overweight and cannot get diet/exercise under control. I am hungry all the time now. I think a new surgery could help me restart since I was successful for so many years.  What are my revision options and are there specific doctors to see which do revisions.  I am no longer in the state of my original surgery/doctor. I am also scheduled for knee replacement surgery and know getting the weight off will help dramatically. My knee surgery will be done in Ocala Florida in December.

MsBatt
on 10/9/14 8:25 am

" We stopped going to gym and started eating junk."

Have you gone back to the gym and stopped eating junk? Do you journal your food? How many grams of carbs are you eating daily? The more carbs you eat, the more carbs you WANT/the hungrier you are.

After addressing your diet, the next thing is to find out if you do indeed have a mechanical failure. They usually do an endoscopy to check this.

Your options from there depend on what they find.

Most Active
Recent Topics