revision and Insurance

lovely_me
on 10/16/14 3:20 am - NY

Hi all. I am 8yrs post RNY. I am going for a revision after gaining 95 lbs in the last 2 years. My total wieght loss was 100lbs. I had a consultation with Dr. Teixeira and I've done the endoscopy and abdominal sono. According to the dr. I will have surgery in February. 

My question is: does anyone know what the approval process is and/or how long it is with HIP medicaid?

Feb. 2006           11/05/06
Feb. 06                      Nov. 06
252lbs                        184lbs

Live life to the fullest and with a smile all the way

cookiegirl
on 10/16/14 5:51 am - Staten Island, NY

I am considering Revision as well- had RNY in Dec 2010 lost 146 gained 25 back- but never made it anywhere near goal ( currently 300 from 422)- give or take a pund or two.  I am in NY and have Oxford UHC.  I signed up for a seminar with Dr. Roslin at Manhattan Minimally Invasive - but I don't even know what options I have.  I am afraid of Duedenal Switch- but that may be my route if it is my only oiption.  Please let me know if you learn anything more about revisions-thanks!

lovely_me
on 10/16/14 6:05 am - NY

@cookiegirl, Congrats on your weight loss! I'm new to this revision surgery, also, but I'll keep you posted. The seminar helps and so do the support group meetings. Best of luck!

Feb. 2006           11/05/06
Feb. 06                      Nov. 06
252lbs                        184lbs

Live life to the fullest and with a smile all the way

shugamuma
on 11/17/14 5:26 pm

I have Anthem BCBS, I was denied a revision they claimed it was not medically necessary and found it to be investigational. This is after the insurance company placed me on a three month supervised diet and the doctors put me on Phentermine to lose some weight. Not to mention I have a hiatial hernia, dilated astomosis, Gerd,-Acid Reflux, really bad.

Most Active
Recent Topics