Endoscopic RNY revision Apollo over stitch

nina144
on 11/5/14 7:35 am

has anyone had this revision procedure? If so, how are you doing and has it helped you get back on track?

cher22
on 11/5/14 2:37 pm - Oak Park, IL

Hello 

I came to the Revision page to post Your exact question !!  

LOL 

Hope you are doing ok 

I am going to have this as well! Did my research and it seems to be the best . 

Surgeon recommended it ! 

nina144
on 11/5/14 9:43 pm

Where are u having it done?  I am in Los Angeles 

cher22
on 11/6/14 1:33 am - Oak Park, IL

I will have it in Chicago . My surgeon Dr.Tiesenga did my Gastric bypass in 05 and he will perform the Apollo stitch as well. 

2011 had a stitch rip and had to have a blood transfusion after that I never had that feeling of being full again and started eating much more 

Have you watched youtube videos on the Apollo  Very interesting ! 

My start weight in 2005 was over 260 my lowest was 133llbs but I ended up balancing out at 140 and I was fine with that , Now i am up to 163 lbs and My blood pressure is up !!   

Peaceful day to you ! 

nina144
on 11/6/14 2:56 am

Yes I saw the video. I was same exact weight as you. Before and after. Now 201.  Had RNY 12_2001.

Katlady59
on 10/10/18 3:05 pm

If you don't mind, where is he located? I'm having a hard time finding a place to get a revision. Thanks

danielle1964
on 11/6/14 2:44 am

I did it in May...didn't work for me. Poke around. You'll find that it doesn't have a great success rate. I wish I had just pursued my surgical revision then instead of trying it.

nina144
on 11/6/14 2:55 am

Thank u for your reply. May I ask where u had it done and what happened? What do the Dr say.  When u woke up from the procedure was nothing changed. They are saying it should put our pouch and astoma back to the beginning stages. Did u have the Appoli stitch?   Please let me know

danielle1964
on 11/6/14 4:42 am

I did have the Apollo Overstitch. It was to repair two fistulas in my pouch. When I woke up, I had an extremely sore throat...the endoscope they use is larger than what you're used to. For the first few days, I did feel additional restriction, but it didn't last for long. I can't speak to how it feels to have the stoma tightened, because my stoma wasn't stretched.

nina144
on 11/7/14 2:25 am

Thank u for this info.  Did your Dr put you on a special diet after the procedure?  Wondering why this only worked for a few days. Did something come unstitched by chance?

Most Active
Recent Topics