advice: VSG to RNY

jan32
on 11/13/14 6:54 pm

had my revision 7 weeks ago due to reflux and to gain control of my 50lb regain.  Lost 30lbs total from one week pre-op to week 4 but have stayed the same since. anyone else experience a stall that lasted more then 3 weeks? (Lost about 2 inches from my hips and 1 around my burst in this time).  Getting very discouraged..

Hislady
on 11/14/14 5:53 am - Vancouver, WA

Don't worry about stalls, your body has to stop every now and then to catch up with the weight loss. Just keep following your program.

tlew
on 11/21/14 12:34 am

STalls are normal they say, if it is over 5 weeks that is where you are supposed to get concerned. I have not had revision but I am seriously considering it. My reasons are, my weight loss in 11 months has only been 50 lbs and I have 55 more to go. I have been at the same weight for 5 months.. I am struggling with sweet foods and want to eat them all the time. I also have acid reflux. What were your reasons you had the revision?  Are you able to control your eating better with RNY over Sleeve?  Are there any bad side effects that worry you?  

cindymissouri
on 11/25/14 2:51 am
RNY on 01/06/15

Hi Jan.. yes this is normal with any WLS..  I did it with my sleeve at the same stage.. you are doing great though..  What state are you in?  I know I am approved for reversal next month from Sleeve to RNY and everyone keeps asking me why non the DS?  The surgeons here in Missouri don't do the DS..  Just wondered if you were close to me..  did you have any problems at all with the surgery?  I am nervous about a leak and your results are great. MY sleeve was 7 years ago and I hope this works for me..  
  Don't get discouraged, you will start losing again..  I tried to friend you but you must be signed in as a guest?  I would like to keep in touch since its the same surgery

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Most Active
Recent Topics