Revision gastric bypass to a distal

alysawheeler
on 11/12/14 2:32 am

Gastric bypass Dr Waldrep, Rooseville, Ca 2002

Distal revision due to weight gain November 2014. Dr patrick Coates, Modesto, Ca. 

I have not posted on here because of all the strong feelings that people seem to have about the distal revision. I just thought I would post my experience so far because maybe it will help someone.  It was simply just the best option for me and recommended by a surgeon that I respect very much (Dr. Coates, Modesto, Ca). I started out by attending his seminar back in June 2014. I decided on the distal because it was a laprascopic surgery and was not open procedure. I also looked in to Dr rabkin in San Francisco but it looked like his revisions were done open (according to his website.)  Anyways, I decided on the distal. It's been one week and so far I am down 10 lbs and actually feel very good. A bit more gas, but nothing too bad. So far, so good. I was only in the hospital one night. Alysa

alysawheeler

Distal revision due to weight gain November 2014. Dr patrick Coates, Modesto, Ca. 

I have not posted on here because of all the strong feelings that people seem to have about the distal revision. I just thought I would post my experience so far because maybe it will help someone.  It was simply just the best option for me and recommended by a surgeon that I respect very much (Dr. Coates, Modesto, Ca). I started out by attending his seminar back in June 2014. I decided on the distal because it was a laprascopic surgery and was not open procedure. I also looked in to Dr rabkin in San Francisco but it looked like his revisions were done open (according to his website.)  Anyways, I decided on the distal. It's been one week and so far I am down 10 lbs and actually feel very good. A bit more gas, but nothing too bad. So far, so good. I was only in the hospital one night. Alysa

alysawheeler

kjebs01
on 11/12/14 6:20 am

What exactly is the bypass to a distal? 

Chilipepper
on 11/12/14 11:37 pm

Google it. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Taniesa
on 3/21/15 2:46 am

Could you give an update on how your revision has gone for you? I too am looking at revision surgery with Dr. Coates after having RNY Gastric Bypass at Stanford in 2003. 

shona67
on 4/27/15 2:11 pm - Lancaster, TX

I recently had the distal bypass on March 2nd & I'm not liking my weight loss progress.will you share your daily vitamin regemin & foods that you eat? Also how much weight have you lost feel free to join our Facebook page "Distal bypass". We are researching trying to find people that had the distal that can help us to get on track. Thank you,

Stephanie G.
on 5/1/15 6:54 am - Rowlett, TX

I sent you a PM.  Would love to discuss your distal with you as I had one too.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Most Active
Recent Topics