Pre-op Liquid Diet and feeling terrible

catalina07
on 11/16/14 10:56 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

I have been on liquids now for about 5 days, and I feel just awful. I had headaches for awhile but now they are mostly gone. The problem is that I have been VERY nauseous almost all the time. Also my stomach hurts all over (along with bathroom troubles too) Has anyone felt like this just from being on a liquid diet? I am wondering if something else might actually be wrong with me. I had pancreatitis before and I am scared that it could have come back at the same time as my liquid diet. I am hoping its just my body trying to adjust to the lack of solid food. Does anyone have any experiences like this?

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

ShebasMom
on 11/16/14 11:42 am, edited 11/16/14 11:42 am
Revision on 07/05/16

What are you drinking for liquids?  If you are mixing protein powder with milk, you could have a lactose intolerance, the pain you're experiencing could be gas. (yes gas can be real painful) and bathroom problems. Try using lactose free milk and see if that helps. Back when I first had my rny surgery, I had to use lactose free milk with my protein powder. 

Not trying to dismiss pancreatitis. Are you also having any between shoulder/back pain? A fever and increased HR ? That could  possibly be pancreas or gall bladder.

catalina07
on 11/16/14 11:03 pm - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

i have been drinking the pre-mixed protein shakes mostly. I did consider that it could be lactose issues. No shoulder/back pain. No fever. HR is ok. 

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Most Active
Recent Topics