Horrible reflux with sleeve almost 4 yrs out.

canonico
on 11/23/14 2:32 pm - WA

I had the sleeve on Feb in 2011 I am almost 4 years out. I had lost a total of 100 pounds. I was 250 on my surgery day I got down to 150. This past year I have gone up to 170 which is where I am now. I have tried everything to loose it. I have even resorted back to diet pills. (which I said I would never use again after my surgery). 

I have suffered with reflux and I have been taking Prilosec ever since my surgery. It has gotten so bad I sometimes wake up from sleep gagging on what I think is acid. If I don't take my meds everyday I have such bad heartburn at night I can't sleep. 

The past week every time I eat meat it feels like it is stuck. Kind of like it did when I first had the surgery. I have thrown up a couple of times because of it. My stomach is bigger because I can eat just about as much as I did before my surgery. 

My question is from your experience does this sound like I should ask about a revision? I had my surgery at a military hospital so insurance really isnt a problem. Just getting a DR to say I qualify. Any feedback would be appreciated. I am going to call the dr's tomorrow hopefully I can get a appointment before next year. 

MsBatt
on 11/24/14 1:15 am

Yes, I

m afraid it does sound like time to start considering a revision. Reflux SUCKS.

canonico
on 11/24/14 2:13 am - WA

I called this morning and I have an appointment on the 26h. Hopefully the DR will understand my frustration and agree to go forward with the revision. Has anyone had a revision done at Madigan Army Medical Center in Tacoma WA?

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 11/28/14 11:08 pm

Just a long shot before you add the possibility of dumping or reactive hypoglycemia that can come with RNY - Did they try you on other antacids? They don't all work equally well for everyone. I hope you get some relief whatever you do.

Most Active
Recent Topics