ANY KAISER LAP BAND PATIENTS HERE?

newgigi2006
on 11/22/14 12:50 pm - CA

I have had a lap band for 8 years and I am meeting with a surgeon next week about getting it removed.  I was curious if any one else here has had success with lap band removal at Kaiser and what I can expect about process, recovery and possible revision to sleeve or bypass.  Please give any and all advice.  I listen to it all.

Hislady
on 11/23/14 9:50 am - Vancouver, WA

I didn't have mine removed at Kaiser but I would expect they would be very much like other places. Your insurance determines whether they will cover removal and revision so if you call the number on the back of your card they should be able to tell you if it is covered. I was already in the hospital with heart problems when mine was removed. The operation itself took about 1/2 hour then I went ICU but you would go to recovery area until you are awake. You'll go to your regular hospital room and either leave later that day or spend the night, depends on what your surgeon wants. I only went to ICU because I have bad lungs and they were afraid I'd have to go on a ventilator but I didn't. I was kept on clear liquids for a couple of days, then full liquids for a day then whatever I wanted after that but very slowly. I had very little pain but my hospital is good about giving pain meds. Good luck to you and like I said the really most important thing is to get that band out and clean up whatever damage has been done by it!

Most Active
Recent Topics