Help finding a surgeon who does an incision-less revision

cclay99
on 12/1/14 4:48 am

I need help finding a surgeon who performs incision-less revisions.  I don't mind traveling if I have to.  I'm in Georgia and could go to Northern Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee or Alabama if needed.  I finally chose a doctor, went through all the paperwork and insurance review only to find out that what they initially told me was not true.  I chose a second doctor and it wasn't until I started working with the financial aid person that she realized what was on their website and what the receptionist told me was incorrect.  I'm starting to get very frustrated.  It took me awhile to get to the point of not feeling like a failure and realizing that I was good enough for a second chance.  I don't want to go back there in my mind because of these set backs.  Thanks for your help!

Ruth Bostick
on 12/1/14 6:15 am - Statesville, NC

Don't quote me but, I believe that my doctor does this. Here in Mooresville, North Carolina at the Surgical Center for Weight Loss. The telephone number is 704-660-4584. You could ask to be sure, okay? Good-Luck

Whit
on 12/2/14 2:25 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Why incision-less? The only revision I know that doesn't require some sort of incision is where the you in and placate (wrong wording?) the stomach in an attempt to make it smaller. This has not proven very effective long term.  Several have had it pro formed and I have yet to hear of any long rearm lasting positive results. 

Are you considering alternate revisions...oh and revision to what WLS?

Good Luck.

Whitney

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

cclay99
on 12/2/14 3:59 am

I had RNY done in May 2004.  I was looking at the incision-less for two reasons--recovery and cost.  My insurance will not cover anything related to a revision and although I have looked at getting a PT job at one of the companies that offers part-timers benefits and covers it I don't know how I would work out childcare to be able to do it.  I'm trying to not get down about it all now that I'm mentally and emotionally in a place I know I will be successful but it's frustrating.

MsBatt
on 12/2/14 7:08 am

I think what you're looking for is the sort of revision that's done by passing an instrument down your throat and making the stoma smaller. There are several forms of this out there, called Stomaphyx, ROSE, POSE, etc. None of them are very effective.

The new kid on the block is called the Apollo Overstitch, and so far it seems to work better. The others use clips to pinch the stoma smaller, but the Apollo actually uses staples.

Call around to doctors in your area and ask specifically for the Apollo Overstitch, or Google it.

cclay99
on 12/3/14 2:39 am

You are correct--I have been focusing on the ROSE and the Apollo Overstitch.  I found through reading that the others didn't have very high success rates.  And yes, I have been using Google and any other search engine I can find.  Unfortunately I found 2 surgeons already who online said they did the procedures but who turned out not to.  It was just a matter of not updating their online information.  For one of them their own receptionist said they did the procedures.  I'll find someone and it will be the right time and place.  I'm not giving up!

abbysmom05
on 12/5/14 9:20 pm

Dr. Derek Weiss from Bluegrass Bariatrics in Lexington Kentucky offers the appolo overstitch. He is an EXCELLENT surgeon. He just preformed the VGS on both my mom and sister and I am in the process of a revision for the R&Y I had 12 years ago. He has a profile on her . Look him up.  You will be 100% satisfied!

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/14 7:29 am

Can't really help with the surgeon, but I'm looking at having an endoscopic revision as well.

cher22
on 1/9/15 11:39 am, edited 1/9/15 11:45 am - Oak Park, IL

I am waiting for approval to have the Apollo OverStitch done ! 

I had an upper GI that showed stoma outlet is opened larger than should be and stomach its self has stretched out so i am a

perfect canindate for the Apollo Over Stitch !! 

I am so excited about this surgery ! I feel that it will get me back on track 

Good Luck to you 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6chrB5qVzmI

MichelleKC
on 1/28/15 1:53 am - KC, MO

Does Insurance cover this?

Most Active
Recent Topics