Question

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/15 11:22 am

I have read that a lot of people have revisions from the band to the sleeve and they are happy losing weight, following the diet and exercises recommended...they also say that the sleeve removes part of the stomach that produces Grehlin (hunger hormone) ....i had the band and it didnt help me.... now im considering the sleeve since i have more comorbilities. I understand that it is important to think of this surgery as a tool to help you lose weight. It is not an instant fix. I will still need to eat a healthy diet and get regular exercise to help me reach my weight goal and avoid regaining the weight you lose. I will appreciate any comments. Thank you so much.

Hislady
on 1/30/15 2:33 pm - Vancouver, WA

Yes you have the correct information, the band has been a failure for many of us, it is just not a good product for many of us and it has a 60% failure rate. None  of the surgeries will do it for you, you will have to work with any of them but with the other surgeries it works. The sleeve is a very good procedure because the part of the stomach they remove is the stretchier part and the part that makes some of the hormone grehlin which produces the hunger feelings. So you end up with a very small stomach and much diminished hunger which makes it easier to actually lose the weight. Like I said all surgeries take work but with the sleeves as opposed to the band you should see some results. Good luck to you!

(deactivated member)
on 2/1/15 9:21 pm

Thank you for your supportive words, I really do appreciate them.

airbender
on 2/2/15 7:38 am

There is no bariatric surgery that is a quick fix, be it lap band, vsg, rny, erny or DS, you can eat your way out of all of them.  Bariatric surgery is to even the playing field, there are no quick fixes, forget about instant fixes.  WLS is there to help you get to your goals, but we have to do our part to get there and more important to stay there.  you can eat and exercise "normally" and not be MO, or at least MO with comorbs gone etc.  better quality of life, with the correct WLS.  As long as you will do your part you will be fine, like all of us have to.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/15 11:40 am

I agree with all that you said, totally. Thanks so much.

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 3:13 am

Today is my first day posting here, I don't want to seem so negative but it's important for others to know that not everyone has that experience.  I've never lost even a little bit of my hunger. In fact from the moment my band was removed I've felt hungrier than I have in years and it is possible to stretch the stomach back out over time.  I weigh more today than I did on the day I had my surgery.

Nissa74
on 2/25/15 1:10 am

I am in agreement.  Everything I read and have heard is so different from my own experience.  I had the band to sleeve revision in Nov 2014.  I lost 10-12lbs intially, but have stopped ever since.  The scale just won't move.  I'm trying to adjust to ensure I eat correctly and exercise; but it is work..I do get hungry all the time.....and I can eat more than I ever expected.  I started at 204 and am currently 190-193m depending on the day.  I will contunie to work at it...but it's frustrating. 

Most Active
Recent Topics