Hi, I live in Ma and looking for a revision. My Dr no longerin pratice. I had bypass in 04.

Kathy Randall
on 2/19/15 11:12 am - N. Chelmsford, MA

Does anyone live in Massachusetts? I'm looking to have a revision. I had bypass in 04 but am not sure of revision options. I plan to call around to local bypass dr's but was hoping someone knew of a dr and could share their experience. I wish the best for all of us looking for answers.

Thanks Kathy

E C.
on 2/19/15 2:29 pm

You could research Dr Janey Pratt @ MAss General.  That's pretty much all she does now.  I have not had surgery with her but am thinking about having her convert me from a sleeve to an RNY due to severe reflux.  My weight is fine.  I was very impressed with my appt with her.  Good luck to you!

Kathy Randall
on 2/20/15 12:42 pm - N. Chelmsford, MA

Thanks for the info. I'll look into that Dr. Do you know whst her requirements are for a revision? I gained half of the 230lbs I lost after my son Jimmy died. Feeling better emotionally now but like before the weight loss is so slow. My back and legs are in pain again. Swimming is all I can barely do. Thanks agsin. Kathy 

E C.
on 2/20/15 10:46 pm

I don't know her requirements for a revision.  I was referred by my local Gastroenterologist because of severe GERD, not for weight loss.  Maybe their website would give you an idea?  There are probably contact #'s on there too.  So sorry about your son, glad you are doing better emotionally.  You will have to have a psychological eval as even I do, even though mine is not for weight loss.  The cost for the pre-surgery revision program is $400 out of pocket if you go ahead with the surgery.  Hope you find a good Dr to help you!  

ciracifinn
on 2/21/15 12:49 am

Kathy I am in the same boat dr  randell did my r n y 10 years ago but lost his licence , I am about to go in for a transoral gastric outlet reduction so I guess that's a form of a revision I am in mass 

Kathy Randall
on 2/21/15 1:16 am - N. Chelmsford, MA

Hi, I had dr Randall too. Where are you going now? Can you explain what your having done? I heard he lost his license too. 

ciracifinn
on 2/21/15 1:28 am

I am having a trans oral gastric outlet reduction , randall was wonderful to me , he did loose his lisence I am now in the process of this and trying to find people who have had it . I am now going to brigham and womans hospital I live in Woburn mass 

Kathy Randall
on 2/21/15 1:54 am - N. Chelmsford, MA

I liked him too. What id the new dr say about this procedure Is it gonna make your pouch small again I live in Chelmsford. How lon does it tske to get an appointment and surgery date? Im gonna Google it. For some reason I can't respond to your friend request. Thanks for talking.

lbaa
on 4/3/15 4:24 am - MA

I just used Dr Lautz at Emerson. I think his program is excellent and the staff at Emerson couldn't have been better.

Kathy Randall
on 5/30/15 7:15 pm - N. Chelmsford, MA

Thanks for responding. Did you have a revision? I'm in the process of seeing someone at Mass general.

Most Active
Recent Topics