transoral gastric outlet reduction

ciracifinn
on 2/21/15 12:45 am
i am candi married 3 kids i had rny 10 years ago and lost over 100 p...ounds next month i go in for my transoral gastric outlet reduction, sence the 10 years i have had 1 of my children , so i am excited for this procedure but scared to as its a newer one. Has anyone had this procedure also known as rose procedure or tor procedure?
Star0210
on 2/23/15 3:27 am
DS on 11/28/14

Did you do a search on the forums for the ROSE procedure? There are lots of topics on it.

I don't have a RNY so I don't know a whole lot about it...but I've read that it doesn't really work at least not long term.

karenwhiting
on 2/24/15 1:40 am

I had a similar procedure, stomophix, and the only thing I lost was the money I spent. Going in next week for major revision surgery as I think that is the only way to go for me.  Research and study everything you can get your hands on!  Good luck! We're all in this fight together!  

rubye
on 2/26/15 1:53 am - Mineral, VA

Me too. I am in the middle of my post op diet. I am on full liquids for another week and I am starving. I also feel like I could safely eat, but  do NOT dare. I am losing weight, but mostly I think because of the liquids. All I really wanted and expected out of my procedure is restriction. Did you get that? I mean maybe not so much weight loss, but feel restriction?

MsBatt
on 2/26/15 1:53 am

Before you waste your time and money on this explore all your other options. The most successful revision is to a DS, but if you're determined to go the transoral route, look into the Apollo Overstitch. Seems to work better than any of the others.

karenwhiting
on 2/26/15 1:57 am

I am having the DS on Monday.  I'm excited for my future!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics