Share your opinions

AJC721
on 2/20/15 11:30 am - White Plains, NY

I had VBG January 2001.  A few days after surgery my stomach burst...... I went into respiratory arrest, my kidneys shut down and lots of other things happened.  I spent 2 months in ICU on a ventilator and finally came back to life.  My stomach was not healing so the Dr. felt it best to "put things back to normal".  It was a traumatic 6 months of my life but I did bounce back. 

Its now many years later and I feel like every day I live at this weight it is killing me quickly!  I went to a local surgeon for a lap band.  I know this was going to be a "start" for me.  the Dr. said he would not do any surgery on me b/c he felt there would be too much scar tissue.  I am now researching to have surgery again.

I'm just looking for opinions to help me with my whole thought process in this endeavor.  I'm looking into a few different surgeons in NYC.  I'm just starting my research.  Any help and suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Kathy Randall
on 2/20/15 1:01 pm - N. Chelmsford, MA

Best of luck to you on your journey.  I'm looking into surgery again also. Life in this body and all the pain is more than I can take. 

Kathy 

AJC721
on 2/20/15 1:15 pm - White Plains, NY

Thanks Kathy!  Agreed on the pain.  Best of luck to you too.

Anne

Most Active
Recent Topics