Sleeve "tightening" through plication?

band07sleeve13
on 3/3/15 1:24 am

I'm looking for anyone who has information on sleeve revision through plication?  I was told that this is what Dr. Ortiz (Mexico) prefers when it comes to revising the sleeve to tighten it for better restriction.  Has anyone had this done?  I'm familiar with the original plication procedure on full size stomachs (which did not have great success) but have no information when it comes to a prior sleeve patient.  Thanks!

Hislady
on 3/3/15 6:44 am - Vancouver, WA

I can't see anything positive coming from that procedure. If your sleeve is truly too large find an actual revision surgeon (there are less than a dozen world wide) and have it fixed properly.

ShebasMom
on 3/3/15 8:35 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Since the full size stomach did not have great success, the sleeve would not be any different. The technique used would be the same, the plication can come undone the same way. I believe you should look at an experienced surgeon to revise and make your sleeve smaller.

band07sleeve13
on 3/3/15 8:47 am

I'm not sure of these "experienced" surgeons you both speak of, Dr. Ortiz is extremely well reviewed and was listed in the top fifteen bariatric surgeons in the US by Newsweek though if you have some list of these 12 revision surgeons, please share.  

Hislady
on 3/4/15 5:55 am - Vancouver, WA

If you ask this on the DS forum they can tell you and as i said there are only a handful in the world and they have earned the respect of the majority of other surgeons. Not every surgeon is skilled enough to work on the paper thin tissue like these select few are.

Most Active
Recent Topics