Revision

maimi
on 3/4/15 9:35 am, edited 3/4/15 9:37 am - LA

Today I went to the original surgeon that did the original GBP.I hoping to do revision. OMG!! I have signa an they want at least 4 month.

1.Go on a supervise diet with my Internal medial doctor.

2.See a dietitian  one a month to monitor my diet.

3.Go to a exercise  physiology  class once a month for the net 4 month.

The after all of that my insurance will see if the approve me.

They did my pouch test it was enlarged  and have hiatal.

hernia

I had the initial one with no problem 11 years ago and have manage to keep 57 pounds loss.

Anyone had problems with SIGNA PPO in Louisiana

ShebasMom
on 3/4/15 3:06 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I don't have SIGNA. I have BCBS and had most of the requirements you have.  I been in this process, since early Oct. I haven't seen the psychologist yet.  After she submits the paperwork for the OK on surgery, the surgeon will still need to submit a request to my insurance company.  I got a call last week from his nurse, making sure I understand that I may get rejected. That knocked the wind out of my sails. I'll just have to pray that they will pay for my revision. 

Kathy7631
on 3/5/15 8:53 am - Vero Beach, FL

I am new to this forum. I have BC...Florida Blue...they have a stipulation of "1 bariatric surgery per lifetime". Does not matter when, where, what Ins. paid... they will not bend. I have decided to go to Mexico. The irony is that I work in a Hospital with a Bariatric program, I have a disconnected port with the lapband, they did not want to hear about "mechanical malfunction", or continuation of care".  Just be prepared for the worst, but hope & pray for good news.

jalivia2
on 3/5/15 2:38 am - Spring, TX

I have United Healthcare and have the same requirements as you with the exception of the the exercise physiology class.  Instead of that class I have to have a psychiatric evaluation.

jackfre
on 3/5/15 3:16 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

I have Qualcare, I saw MD first time for revision discussion on 2/20.  I had the lap band in 2007.  Over the last few years I gained back about 85% of what I lost and had a lot of issues with the band.   I have done multiple diets, WW, my fitness pal, atkins, etc. over the past 2 years and showed proof, I saw the psych dr on Monday and was approved today, I am scheduled for surgery on 3/26.  I can't believe that the process was so quick.  I thought that the revision approval was easier than the initial for the band.  Will they take prior weight loss attempts into consideration?  Good luck in your journey.

Jackie

Most Active
Recent Topics