What would you do?

band07sleeve13
on 3/10/15 11:29 pm

So here is the short version of my story. Banded 2007 did great lost weight kept it off, decided to revise to sleeve in 2013 because of how "great" everyone said it was and also honestly I was tired of feeling stuck for 6 years and just wanted to feel full for once. Since my revision Iv gained 10lbs, Iv felt hungrier (physically) than I ever did with the band (my stomach actually growls now !) and I can eat very large portions. Iv checked my X-rays and I know my sleeve is much larger than it should be and that my doc used a 42 Bougie and went very liberal at that. Iv obsessively researched options for revising the sleeve and Iv found a surgeon who is very experienced with this and who I feel good about. The question is, Iv had 2 prior surgeries with zero complications, is it crazy to risk it a third time ?? What would you do ?          

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 6:20 am

I'm checking into a third surgery, and if I can find an excellent surgeon, I'm going for it.

kristina13
on 3/22/15 8:30 am

I am in the same situation you are. I had a revision on September 10th 2014. Since then I have gained weight. IN fact I can eat more food instead of less. I am looking for a Doctor to re do what the Doctor did. I am deeply disappointed that the revision didn't work. I am tired of hearing people say the surgery worked it's me. That is non sense. I lost 200 pounds the first year of my initial surgery and I know what to expect. To be able to eat more food doesn't make sense. So if you are lucky enough to have found a Doctor to redo the surgery then do it. It's worth it to lose your weight. Good Luck!

band07sleeve13
on 3/22/15 10:17 am

I'm actually considering the MGB, trying to narrow it down to a surgeon, I'm still scared to death.  I agree, I was very successful as well, the sleeve was nothing it was promised to me but I'm afraid that will be the case again that's why I'm looking into other options.  

Most Active
Recent Topics