Revision from band to bypaas

beautiful24
on 3/20/15 8:10 am

My insurance approve the revision from band to bypass only down fall is that i have to have 2 separate surgeries. He will not do the at the same time due to complications 

Hislady
on 3/20/15 12:47 pm - Vancouver, WA

Sadly many surgeons insist on that and why not then they get paid for 2 surgeries. They will tell you it is so your stomach can heal but a real revision surgeon can and does do it all in one. So if you are comfortable with your surgeon and having 2 surgeries instead of 1 why go ahead. Or you can find a surgeon who is more familiar with revision surgery and get it done all at once, it's your call. Myself I'd go with just one surgery but that's just me. Best of luck either way.

ohbearly
on 3/25/15 5:51 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

My band removal and revision were done at the same time with no issues. I suppose this is a surgeon specific or patient specific centered decision. My surgeon advised me that there might be complications due to scar tissue. He felt that was highly unlikely for me. It was a quick surgery (about 4 hours total). I recovered very quickly and actually was released from physical restrictions after 3 weeks. That was 2 weeks before I was supposed to be released. I am so grateful for this revision. I can't imagine having that band back in me. Good luck. Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Most Active
Recent Topics