Revision from Band to Bypass

lbaa
on 3/18/15 4:01 am - MA

I originally had the band placed in 06, had it replaced in 11 and now 4 years later I am 10lbs heavier than where I started in 06. I am absolutely terrified to the point where I am considering cancelling. Please be honest and tell me what I'm in for good and bad.

Thank you

Hislady
on 3/18/15 2:16 pm - Vancouver, WA

Well I haven't had a bypass but I know a few folks who have and it will be more painful than the band just because they do more internal work on you but it will be worth it. The band sadly has turned out to be a very poor weight loss surgery with very little good results. If you follow your surgeons orders and plan post op you will do just fine. Don't worry yourself so much thousands of people have gotten this surgery and are looking gorgeous now. Take a deep breath and a hot bath you will feel much better!

lbaa
on 3/19/15 12:36 am - MA

Thank You

Star0210
on 3/20/15 1:28 am
DS on 11/28/14

I would go with a sleeve or a DS. I would never even consider the RNY.

Keeping the pyloric valve and having a fully functional stomach is so important as is the ability to take NSAIDS which is a must for me.

ohbearly
on 3/25/15 5:56 am - Mogadore, OH
Revision on 07/31/13

Banded in 2008. RNY revision in 2013. No regrets and much, much happier. I have maintained a good weight loss. I have no issues. I am active. I believe it is a good choice. As my surgeon advised me, RNY gives both malabsorbtion and restriction. It is proven and easy to live with. Remember the surgery just enables weight loss. The person needs to change and continually work on maintaining a healthy weight regardless of surgery type.  -- Tom

Follow my journey to a happy, healthy, active life at TomBilcze.com 

Most Active
Recent Topics