Revision question

Butterfli2005
on 3/29/15 5:12 am

For those who have had a distal revision, did it help? How different is lfe than after the RNY? Most importantly, how much, how fast did you lose? Was it like post RNY? Harder, longer? do you have the same dietary ability to eat a the RNY?

I cannot get an approval of a DS, and although that is what I would most like, I will never be able to come up with that much cash. Not a chance. If I get approval for anything it will be a distal reversion. 

I keep seeing people state that is the worst of two worlds, why? I don't understand what the meaning of that statement is.

MsBatt
on 3/30/15 2:14 am

'Distal' means 'farther from'. In this case, it means farther from the stomach. You'll still have an RNY, just with more of your small intestine bypassed.Do they plan to re-do your pouch as well?

You should be able to eat exactly the same as you do now, but immediately after surgery your guts may be sensitive. You may be more likely to dump, and you may develop some food intolerances. You may need to increase your vitamin and mineral supplements as well.

The 'worst of two worlds' comment was first said to me by Vitalady, who's been living with a distal RNY for about 20 years now. I understood her to mean that she had all the negatives of both the RNY and the DS, but without the benefits of the DS, like a fully-functional stomach. 

Most Active
Recent Topics