Oh well no revision for me

shawn31
on 3/31/15 6:31 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Went in yesterday for my revision and to my surprise awoke in recovery to a nurse saying that I did not have my BOB done because I had too much scar tissue. I cried so hard because you do what you're supposed to do and end of with nothing! That got me down.. I was still upset this morning..smh

Taniesa
on 3/31/15 6:41 am

Oh no! I am so very sorry.... is there anything that can be done? Did they clean up the excess scar tissue and give hope that they might be able to go in again?

shawn31
on 3/31/15 7:39 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

The doctor said that he did remove some but I had so much from surgery nine years ago that he thought he might put a hole in my pouch. I'm supposed to meet with him in a week. I'm hoping for a plan B.

Taniesa
on 3/31/15 8:47 am

Praying for you!!!

Hislady
on 3/31/15 9:01 am - Vancouver, WA

So sorry for your situation I hope he will have another option for you! So disappointing for you. Hang in there it may not be all bad!

shawn31
on 3/31/15 9:09 am - Charlotte, NC
Lap Band on 03/30/15

Thank you so much. I'm still trying to stay on track with my protein and water.I'm hoping for something...

mornings
on 3/31/15 5:15 pm - Canada

in 2013 I had a sleeve done was suppost to have a  bypass but  I too had too much scar tissue ,   now 2 yrs later im having a bypass  but they have to open me  this time due to  scar tissue so  you have lots of hope of still getting it done     try to not let it get you down , stay positive  im sure  you will finally have  your surgery

Zee Starrlite
on 4/1/15 7:03 am

Sorry to be so insensitive.  I really wish you the best - maybe there is another option.  The insensitive part . . . sometimes we feel so disappointed, let down etc.  but unbeknownst to us we have ducked a bullet.

All best to you.

L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Butterfli2005
on 4/1/15 7:03 am

I am sending you massive cyber hugs... how horrible to get that close and find out it didn't happen.. I am so sorry.. this road to getting our health back is no easier than it was the first time around is it.. Can they possible do a RNY? If you can get a skilled surgeon who can just take out the scar tissue and reconstruct everything.. maybe even a DS (which would probably be what I would recommend since I am RNY and hoping to do a revision of that)? 
Hugs hugs hugs.. Iam praying for you.. it will be a bit before you get your feet back under you but you will.. 

Welderchick
on 4/1/15 1:43 pm

I would be heartbroken and frustrated. I really hope plan B works for you - and just maybe it's the better option. 

Most Active
Recent Topics