LAP RNY 2001 to BOB 2015

boonlai
on 5/4/15 3:01 am - Broomfield, CO

I had a lap RNY in December 2001 and only lost about 80 pounds and I'm heavier now than I was before my initial surgery.  My  surgeon had no after-care, no support group, nothing.  The surgeon I wanted at the time wasn't approved by my insurance, so I had to go with the surgeon I did.  Anyway, my BMI is 50.5 and I have an insurance that will allow me to see this other surgeon, but I don't know if they will approve my revision yet.  I have two questions.  1)  Anyone have Aetna insurance that covered a revision, if yes, to what type?  2)  Anyone have a lap RNY that converted to a Band over Bypass?  

Hislady
on 5/4/15 1:33 pm - Vancouver, WA

All I can say is I had the band alone and I wouldn't wi**** on my worst enemy. I had it taken out a year ago and still have problems with my stomach not working right. It empties too slowly and that means everything backs up an makes me feel sick all the time. It is so not fun! I will have this the rest of my life!! I don't thinlk the band is good for anyone!!

Laura in Texas
on 5/5/15 12:51 am

Have you looked into the DS? That would be your best-bet surgically.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

heathercross
on 5/17/15 2:33 pm - New York, NY

I had a BOB - band over bypass - in 2011.  I had my RNY in 2002, please read my profile and send me any questions.

Most Active
Recent Topics