Revision or I guess I can call it Step 2.....

Antonia R.
on 5/9/15 5:19 pm - University Park, IL
VSG on 06/11/13

I am excited and anxious at the same time. I am getting a revision from VSG to the DS. It happening June 22nd. I lost 98-95 lbs with my sleeve. I was 5 feet tall and 300 lbs when got my sleeve in June of 2013. The mental part has been the hardest. I have changed the way I see myself. I also have lamented about having made so much progress, but not being at my goals. I feel stronger and better. I have been at 98 lbs lost for the last year. It told my surgeon that I think I need the next option. Dr. Prachand is at the University of Chicago around where I live. He is one of a handful that are skilled in doing laparoscopic procedures. He demonstrates for other surgeons and asked me if I would allow my surgery to be observed, filmed, and moderated in front of a room full of surgeons. Hopefully this gives me the next jump start toward my goals. It also kind of cool to be a teaching tool.

~*ANTONIA*~

Hislady
on 5/9/15 10:38 pm - Vancouver, WA

Best of luck to you, hope all goes smoothly for you!

Jenniflower75
on 5/10/15 4:09 am

So excited for  you... I'm not sure if what i'm having is considered second step of DS but I'm having bypass and my first surgery was sleeve. I can't wait to hear how your surgery goes. That's awesome that your going to be having your surgery in such a high profile manner. I wish nothing but the best for you. If you would like to friend me I would love that. Have a wonderful day and good luck next month.

Star0210
on 5/13/15 12:51 pm
DS on 11/28/14

Hell no it's not considered the second step of the DS.

You're giving away your perfectly good fully functioning stomach and pyloric valve for a crappy pouch and stoma that are going to stretch out. 

Truly makes no sense to me....but hey, it's your life. Good luck to you.

cuppyb
on 5/24/15 9:30 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

Good luck with your revision.  I had RNY in 2008 and just had a revision to basically a DS  

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Most Active
Recent Topics