June 19th is the day! Anyone else?

scorpio01
on 5/12/15 12:06 pm - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

After almost a year of appointments, tests, and delays, I'm finally scheduled to have my revision surgery on June 19th. I'll be having my Lap-Band taken out and revised to a RNY. I'm so excited but so scared. I'm finding myself obsessing over the surgery and thinking about it all the time. Did anyone else go through this? When I think too hard about what is actually going to be done, I'm terrified, but I can't continue to live the way I am currently. I've gained back all the weight I lost with my Lap Band and I'm miserable. I know that things will be fine and I'll wonder why I worried so much.

Is anyone having surgery on or around June 19th as well? I'm looking for someone that would like to be a pen pal or someone to stay in contact with as a form of support? Anyone??

~Sara

Kathy S.
on 5/12/15 12:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery Sara.  We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/15 1:00 pm

June 20th ... Bands been out for 4 years / now vsg 

scorpio01
on 5/12/15 1:08 pm - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

Are you having a vsg on June 20th or have you already had it done? I can't wait to get this band out!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/15 4:56 pm

Hi band out ... But I miss it it's been four year since its out ... it was bitter sweet 

Hislady
on 5/12/15 10:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

I had my band out over a year ago and you will be so much happier when you get it out. Mine damaged my stomach and I still have some problems from that but even with that life is better with that nasty band gone! The band has done so much harm to so many even just the ones like you *****gained the weight because the band just stops working after awhile. So you go out there and grab life again and get going with your new journey and kick that weight to the curb!

scorpio01
on 5/14/15 10:21 am - Cincinnati, KY
RNY on 06/19/15

Thanks, Hislady! I'm so ready to have this band taken out and start over!

Most Active
Recent Topics