Revision 2 weeks out, very confused

Rose M.
on 5/18/15 10:23 pm

I have a revision of my sleeve two weeks ago. I have been able to drink 2 liters of fluids from post op day 1. I have been able to take in 60 grams of portein since day 7. Now I am at the mushy food stage. I made some cream of wheat about a cup. I was could  have eaten the whole cup but stopped myself at 3/4 cup.  Later today I at a whole banana. Has any one else had a revision and was able to eat this much. I am so confused. Yes I have lost weight in the past two weeks due to lack of calories. But am I crazy to think that I  did not have a revision. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired at the same time.

GoDawgs1979
on 5/19/15 10:59 am

Maybe there is less stomach swelling with a revision than with the original surgery?  

Ladytazz
on 5/19/15 9:04 pm

I had no problem with fluids from day one.  I could drink a gallon with no problem.  Still do.

As far as feeling full, I am sure you have heard that they cut nerves when they do the surgery.  You won't get the full felling for a while.  In the meantime just remember to measure your food.

The goal is to be satisfied with less food, not to be stuffed.  Don't worry about how much you can or can't eat.

Just stick with your measured portions and call it a day.  Try not to eat too much because you are still healing and you don't want to hurt anything.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Ashley in Belgium
on 5/20/15 12:26 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

What Lady Tazz said.  Your nerves were cut and you can't feel if you are full or not.  I remember wondering the same thing after my revision.  I could drink and eat fine and had to just measure out everything otherwise I had no idea when to stop.  I still measure my food (weigh) every few days and my portions tend to creep up when I eyeball things and I am incapable of knowing if it's enough food or not if I wait for my body to tell me. 

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

cuppyb
on 5/24/15 9:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

I just had a revision from my RNY on 5/20 and I'm having no issues getting fluids in.  shakes a little bit more difficult, I get about 4 ounces in at a time.  not feeling full, just uncomfortable

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Kathyjs
on 6/15/15 9:01 am

Just because you 'can ' doesn't mean you should. Where is the protein  ? 

Most Active
Recent Topics