Home from hospital

epiphany78250
on 5/28/15 6:01 pm - TX

Hello everyone ~

Had my RNY on Tuesday 5/26 & am home now... everything went remarkably well... I'm having minimal pain which is being managed well, absolutely NO nausea at all & the GERD seems to have disappeared. I'll be on clear liquids until my post op follow up next Thursday.... which is fine, because I have zero appetite. The broth, sugar free jello & popsicles are keeping me satiated. Before the surgery I was a little scared about the post op recovery --- but it's really been a breeze. I'm going to try to get released back to work on Monday --- that'll mean that I'll have been out for less than a week.

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

Butterfli2005
on 5/28/15 8:08 pm
Butterfli2005
on 5/28/15 8:08 pm

That is great to hear! Be mindful of one thing.. about a week out I got so darn tired it was hard to function.. exhausted. I made a big batch of chicken soup,of which I ate about 3 oz at a time. But it made me feel a hell of a lot better energy wise. Moral- work on those protein drinks or supplements as much as possible.  And keep up the good work!

epiphany78250
on 5/29/15 5:26 am - TX

Thank you for your reply Butterfli! Making a big pot of chicken soup is a great idea! I'll probably do that this afternoon... I'm on clear liquids until this coming Thursday, at which time I'll be able to add egg, cottage cheese, yogurt & protein shakes. The tiredness is there & I'm doing a great job at being a lazy sloth! :) I'm just hoping that it'll subside a bit by Monday when I hope to go back to work.

:)

Linda

Butterfli2005
on 5/29/15 7:53 pm

The soup will help. The protein seemed to be the biggest help of all, but even then it took about 3 weeks..so just keep at it.. life will be awesome soon!

cuppyb
on 5/30/15 6:02 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

I had my revision on 5/20 and week two is when I got tired.  Had planned to start working this Monday but taking until 6/8 instead.    My doc has me on broth and protein shakes for 3 weeks before softs are introduced.    I'm not hungry just looking to chew instead of drink my meal.   Lost 10 lbs already.  

Hope your recovery goes smoothly

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

Butterfli2005
on 5/31/15 3:47 pm

Epiphany,
How are you doing?

linda78250
on 6/2/15 10:47 am

Hi Butterfli --- thanks for asking!

I made it through work yesterday! -- still a tiny bit sore & tired, but ready to work, none the less! My doctor has me on clear liquids *only* until Thursday & that's been the hardest part. 2 more days & I'll move on to protein shakes, yogurt, cottage cheese & eggs... am REALLY looking forward to the transition!!!! I haven't weighed myself since surgery - will get an official weight at doctors office on Thursday :)

Hope you're doing well!!
~ E

Butterfli2005
on 6/2/15 11:02 am

That is GREAT!! I am glad you are holding up! Those first days / weeks are a killer! Awesome job... 
Just waiting for the insurance approval merry go-round to finish here. 

keepmenmind
on 6/1/15 6:39 am - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 06/02/15

I so happy to hear you are doing well. My surgery is scheduled for tomorrow and I am super nervous. Keep us posted!

Most Active
Recent Topics