Looking for a surgeon in Warren County NJ or Pennsylvania (bethlehem, Allentown, Easton,...

Tammy P
on 6/18/15 6:44 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hi,

I had open gastric bypass surgery in 2002; to date I have gained weight but during the past 3 years I have gained the most, putting me almost back to where I started. I have tried dieting, gyms, etc and nothing. I am looking to have revised surgery. I have done some research and decided this is what I want to do.

Does anyone know of a good surgereon in NJ or PA or NY? I live in NJ, not far from PA and commute to NY for work.

Also, I have United Healthcare and I'm told they do not exclude me from having a second surgery. Does anyone have an success stories with UHC?

I know this may sound silly but I would love to have this done by July. Does anyone have experience with a quick turnaround with getting approved, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/25/15 8:44 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

I had my RNY (original, not revision) with Ajay Goyal of NJBariatric Center.

I am only 6 months out, but I picked him because he recognized that one surgery may not be all I need.  I wanted to make sure that if I need future 'pouch adjustments' he would be on my side.  Here is his webpage that addresses possible revisions:

http://www.njbariatriccenter.com/weight-loss-surgery/bariatric-surgery/revision-surgery/

He is in Springfield, New Jersey, but thought that the info on revision techniques was helpful.  His partners have a practice in Somerville.

If he is not on your insurance, talk to the office and they may try to work with what you have.  Their navigator help me get all my pre-stuff done ASAP got me approved in a short time.

Best of everything,

(reply if you need more info)

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics