CONCERNED....Update

dolce1968
on 6/22/15 10:56 am

I want to thank everyone who gave their input on my concerns.

I have listened, cut out the fruit and the carbs.  I have now made it to ONEderland...hit the scale this morning at 199 so in total 33 pounds since March 24th revisions

I have sticking with TUNA for lunch with a touch of lemon or vinegar and if i do get the bread crave, i have a RUSK (melba toast) which aren't that bad

I stick to drinking 2 liters of water at work throughout the day and then can handle about 2 more 500 ml bottles at home.

I won't eat snacks and don't even crave them.  Started replacing any "feelings" of hunger with my Protein Premier Shake from COSTCO, i split it in half because i can't drink a whole one

In the end, the water really fills me up during the day...again thank you all so much and what a difference a week has made

P.S.  I bought a skirt at Jones New York, size L...yippee for me

You all ROCK!!!!!

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

keepmenmind
on 6/22/15 11:40 am - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 06/02/15

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

Ladytazz
on 6/22/15 12:22 pm

Hi, I just looked at your previous post and your food didn't look bad.  I think you are just going through a bit of a stall, or slow down in weight loss.  It doesn't look like you have a whole lot to lose in the first place so you may just need patience.

When I would get discouraged, which was often, I reminded myself that even if I only lost a pound a week, I would still reach my goal in less than a year.

Yeah, that does seem like a long time but the truth is I had some weeks I would lose more and others when I barely lost a thing.  The only thing I could do was avoid the scale and I am too nosy to do that.

I would also kick the melba toast to the curb, at least while losing.  I keep my carbs very low during my weight loss period and didn't experiment with adding carbs until I reached goal.  You mentioned craving bread.  I found that if I avoid those things entirely the cravings go away but when I indulge them they only get stronger. Still to this day.

When I get cravings now I try to find a way to satisfy it without opening myself up to more cravings.  Like for pizza I make the cauliflower crust (look it up, it's great!).

Check out Eggface for great ideas on eating good while sticking to your place.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

dolce1968
on 6/22/15 12:26 pm

Thank you LadyTazz, I will definately look up the cauli crust...i love cauliflower

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

Hislady
on 6/22/15 2:17 pm - Vancouver, WA

Woohoo so glad things are going better, sometimes all it takes is a few small changes!! I make pizza crust with ground meat, beef, turkey, chicken or pork any of them work. Just smoo**** flat bake at 300-350 for 20-30 min., add toppings, then pop back in for a few until cheese melts. Yummo and even more protein.

CarlaN
on 7/8/15 7:22 am

That's awesome!!!   I can't wait to get there!!  I just got out of the 250's and was pretty excited about that.  One thing you said stuck out to me...I can drink a WHOLE Premier Shake with NO problem ...and it really doesn't fill me up... I could still eat something after but of course I don't .  I ate a whole scrambled egg sandwich  ( on the LESS brand wheat bread ) last night... That made me really full ...Is this normal for revision??

dolce1968
on 7/8/15 8:22 am

I don't know if it is normal but I can say I've been able to eat a scrambled egg sandwich too, don't have them often because of the carbs but once every two weeks.  I would speak to your nutritionist and go over what you are eating.

I do know that revisions are slightly different.  I don't have any of the "negative" probabilities (throwing up, dumping, heartburn etc) that comes with a bypass ... I even wondered at one point if he did the surgery...LOL

I'm happy, feeling great and the weight is coming off, still in the size 14s but a big change from a size 18/20 just three months ago.

Most Active
Recent Topics