Stomach stapling 1996 Blue Cross approved. Trying get approved from current Blue Cross on...

M. Six
on 6/26/15 1:30 pm

Help! After almost 20 years of having my stomach stapled, I've not only gained my weight back, but Im suffering from HERD and a painful incisional hernia. There are plenty of instances that I woke up not being able to breathe because the GERD is choking me. My children have witnessed the constant vomiting and choking which has encourages me to finally ask for help. My insurance denied saying it was a once in a lifetime benefit. When I spoke to the appeals nurse, she reminded me on the 1 per lifetime benefit. She also explainedthe next level of aappeals which made me feel as if this one was going to be denied. I'm going to type a letter, and have two family members share their concern and what they have witnessed. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.

Hislady
on 6/26/15 7:22 pm - Vancouver, WA

I just want to wish you luck but usually these are enforced fully and they should repair your hernia which could stop the GERD, it did for me anyway. That would not be weight loss surgery but it could fix the GERD problem.

Most Active
Recent Topics